Groups

Broken GHD's & possible family feud

My sister and I both took our GHD's to a friends a couple of weeks ago and left them there as we went straight out.

Anyway when I got my straigteners back, they weren't mine, they were my sisters, which I promptly text her to inform her, I know mine don't have a knot in the wire and the label on the wire is perfect on mine..which was all fine and dandy with her.

I didn't take them round to hers and sort of forgot about it, so we didn't swap back yet, I just went to straighten my hair and one of the plates isn't working!!

There is going to be a massive feud over this, I know she will now deny that they are hers and say i'm only saying it because they are broken.

Anyway, once I have been to her house and stolen mine back from her, where can she get hers fixed? Any ideas?

PS. Don't put your thumb in between your straighteners and close them on it to test that they are working. It HURTS!!

31 Comments

where can she get hers fixed? Any ideas?

GHD ??

SuperEd

sure there is a user on ebay for fixing GHDs (if they are)

Original Poster

Does anyone know the username? The laptop i'm using at the moment only has 1/4 of the screen working so i'm finding it difficult to see things X)

They are 4 years old by the way, I wonder if that makes a difference..

I know this is a serious question to which I don't know who is authorised to fix GHD's but if you want the funny answer then Fatboy on Eastenders fixed Lauren's that Abbey had borrowed!

SuperEd

RosieWoo

Does anyone know the username? The laptop i'm using at the moment only … Does anyone know the username? The laptop i'm using at the moment only has 1/4 of the screen working so i'm finding it difficult to see things X)They are 4 years old by the way, I wonder if that makes a difference..

he might fix laptops aswell.... or is that your sisters aswell :P

Original Poster

goonertillidie

he might fix laptops aswell.... or is that your sisters aswell :P

Nopeee this is definitely mine (_;)

Original Poster

cannyscot

Useful ebay link

Ebay links are not allowed, so it doesn't work

Edited by: "RosieWoo" 17th Mar 2011

cannyscot

Useful ebay link

so useful it doesnt work, lol

Banned

Ring Ring GHD / Jamella Ltd

also if you have your guarantee you can used that to verify that your sister has your set

Possible family feud over hair straighteners..riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

if they aren't even real, it isn't worth even attempting to repair them.

moob

Possible family feud over hair straighteners..riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

i dont have sisters but my friends do and believe me it does happen lol

ilovepink

i dont have sisters but my friends do and believe me it does happen lol

They need to get out more I'd suggest. Or maybe less, then they wouldn't leave them lying around.

moob

They need to get out more I'd suggest. Or maybe less, then they wouldn't … They need to get out more I'd suggest. Or maybe less, then they wouldn't leave them lying around.

this is way back when we all used to get ready together lol for a nite out

simone10

I know this is a serious question to which I don't know who is authorised … I know this is a serious question to which I don't know who is authorised to fix GHD's but if you want the funny answer then Fatboy on Eastenders fixed Lauren's that Abbey had borrowed!

problem is fatboy works on teh set and can not get fix it because he is too busy rehersing him lines.... lol.

In all seriousness if the hair straightners are still under warrenty give it back to GHD and let them fix it. it will take a week or two so be prepared to look like don king for a while.

Also, the plate is not the heating element as is made from a ceramic and only used to "store" the heat. More than likely the plate has come either unstuck or unclipped form the hair straightners.

As far as i can see you have nothing to do with it as you are no longer in posession. but one thing is for sure...........your proper sneeky lol

problem is fatboy works on teh set and can not get fix it because he is … problem is fatboy works on teh set and can not get fix it because he is too busy rehersing him lines.... lol.

Ehhh?

moob

Ehhh?

Enders innit!

moob

Ehhh?

Sorry, i meant that fatboy works on the eastenders set and therefore will not be available to fix the straightners for our lovely OP. hence, shes in the **** lol

Theres a small repair shop beside my flat, the guy repairs GHD's in an hour for £10. I used him for my 4year old GHDs and they have worked perfectly since (a year ago). He might do it via post if you give him a call!

The Repair Man 31-33, Hillfoot St, Glasgow, Lanarkshire G31 2LD
    Tel: 0141 554 4842

Rosie just Casey Heynes her and problem solved!

Rupz

would have been better if you had PMd her.... how all the stalkers will … would have been better if you had PMd her.... how all the stalkers will be camped outside your place...... canclling all appointments for the next 3 days lol

Good luck to them...there are about 5,000 other flats beside it as well!!!

ham82

Rosie just Casey Heynes her and problem solved!

just saw the video clip.... good on him, first time i saw a bully get his just desserts and boy did it make me smile

chunky

[quote=Rupz][quote=chunky]Theres a small repair shop beside my flat, the … [quote=Rupz][quote=chunky]Theres a small repair shop beside my flat, the guy repairs GHD's in an hour for £10. I used him for my 4year old GHDs and they have worked perfectly since (a year ago). He might do it via post if you give him a call!Good luck to them...there are about 5,000 other flats beside it as well!!!

im going to delete my comment (of course making a mental note of the address) so your address is not the thread... atleast not from me.... better to be safe than sorry.
    Edited by: "Rupz" 17th Mar 2011

Rupz

[quote=chunky][quote=Rupz][quote=chunky]Theres a small repair shop beside … [quote=chunky][quote=Rupz][quote=chunky]Theres a small repair shop beside my flat, the guy repairs GHD's in an hour for £10. I used him for my 4year old GHDs and they have worked perfectly since (a year ago). He might do it via post if you give him a call!Good luck to them...there are about 5,000 other flats beside it as well!!!

Haha really no need as I have a totally different address and postcode...I guess 'beside me' in city centre Glasgow means something different where your from!

Rupz

Sorry, i meant that fatboy works on the eastenders set and therefore will … Sorry, i meant that fatboy works on the eastenders set and therefore will not be available to fix the straightners for our lovely OP. hence, shes in the **** lol

Thanks. (_;)

Original Poster

Well thanks for all the "advice" all sorted now...

Thanks chunky I might get her to give them a call and see whether they will fix em

Banned

This is a tough one. Might need a picture of you and your sister to help

Original Poster

Adnan786

This is a tough one. Might need a picture of you and your sister to help … This is a tough one. Might need a picture of you and your sister to help

oO

Buy yourself a new set and don't buy her a birthday/xmas gift until they are paid off.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?31138
      2. What do these 2 men have in common913
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764211
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846169

See more discussions