Broken iPad - Unusable, can Apple remove iCloud account/restore to factory?

Posted 12th Oct
Screen is completely smashed. But does power on but screen completely unusable. I have proof of purchase and just wondered if anyone knows if Apple shop can wipe the iPad and remove iCloud account etc. It’s not iCloud locked (as in i’ve reported it stolen/lost) - it just has an iCloud account attached to it and all of my stuff on it.

If anyone knows and could let me know i’d appreciate it. Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
Login to iCloud.com on a computer and remote wipe it.
7 Comments
Plug monitor into microHDMI socket and keyboard+mousepad into microUSB socket.
Oh wait, it's an Apple slab not an AndyRoyd tablet
Get a drill or saw and just make sure it won't be recoverable
MadSkilzYo12/10/2019 21:01

Thanks for actually replying with a useful response to my question i’ve signed into that and it’s showing my iPhone, and A iPad Pro when there should be two. I’ve checked the serial number on the one thats showing on iCloud.com and that is the one that replaced my broken one. Not sure why the broken/smashed one isn’t showing, either cos its broken quite badly or my iCloud account isn’t linked to it — either way i’m gonna take it to the Apple shop tomorrow.
InsaneNun12/10/2019 21:18

Thanks for actually replying with a useful response to my question Thanks for actually replying with a useful response to my question i’ve signed into that and it’s showing my iPhone, and A iPad Pro when there should be two. I’ve checked the serial number on the one thats showing on iCloud.com and that is the one that replaced my broken one. Not sure why the broken/smashed one isn’t showing, either cos its broken quite badly or my iCloud account isn’t linked to it — either way i’m gonna take it to the Apple shop tomorrow.

Your iPad being broken shouldn't affect you logging into iCloud to see your devices. Are you 100% sure you linked the broken one to the cloud? Do you have another iCloud log in you can try? The other option is the obvious one, pay to have the screen replaced - locally will be cheaper than Apple and may be the preference if it's just to access and remove/retrieve your data.
windym13/10/2019 07:33

Your iPad being broken shouldn't affect you logging into iCloud to see …Your iPad being broken shouldn't affect you logging into iCloud to see your devices. Are you 100% sure you linked the broken one to the cloud? Do you have another iCloud log in you can try? The other option is the obvious one, pay to have the screen replaced - locally will be cheaper than Apple and may be the preference if it's just to access and remove/retrieve your data.

Yeah it was there but had to click the option ‘Find my iPhone/Device’ and then all 3 of my apple products shown up, the broken one, working one and my iPhone.
tardytortoise13/10/2019 08:58

Option 2 in …Option 2 in herehttps://www.technipages.com/wipe-data-from-ios-broken-screen

Thanks. Was able to unlink my iCloud account from the broken iPad remotely through iCloud.com with some trouble but done it in the end. Cheers guys.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants