Broken iphone 3g ! Help please

16 replies
Found 1st Jan 2009
My iphones bust after falling really hard on it...i was slightly drunk so my bad...

So the actual glass screen is fine but the lcd is bleeding and the phone doesnt repsond.

One more thing that happened which is the reason why im not simply repairing it, the back of the phone got really hot....usefull on new years eve but worrying all the same.

Do you guys reckon its gonna be a simple fix ? plus anyone know any reputable company/person that can do the job for me?

Thanks

1. Misc
  2. iPhone
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. iPhone
16 Comments

Sounds completely battered to me !

Original Poster

down south, gatwick...

Original Poster

any more suggestions ? anyone know what the heating thing is about ?

crazyniz;7393268

any more suggestions ? anyone know what the heating thing is about ?

Sounds like something has shorted and is causing the battery to heat up... which could in turn cause it to blow...

I suggest not keeping it in your pocket.

Flush it down the loo

Banned

give u a fiver for it.

wat are you seeling it for

Original Poster

i aint selling it....push comes to shove il fix it via aply and sell it on the bay ! put up with a crappy old phone for 6 months till the new one gets announced

Original Poster

any more clues on the overheating side of it ?

all iphones over heat this is one of the problems that comes with it im afraqid

Banned

andileeds;7419374

all iphones over heat this is one of the problems that comes with it im … all iphones over heat this is one of the problems that comes with it im afraqid

Um.. mine doesn't. What a load of rubbish.

Is the £129.99 apple store refurb replacement thing ONLY for water damage or is it an option for anything not covered under warranty?

vibeone;7419507

Um.. mine doesn't. What a load of rubbish.Is the £129.99 apple store … Um.. mine doesn't. What a load of rubbish.Is the £129.99 apple store refurb replacement thing ONLY for water damage or is it an option for anything not covered under warranty?

ok i worded it wrong but they do heat up alot of the times and seems to be a common problem if u look round other apple/iphone forums

also do u have the link to the page where apple do the 129.99 service

Banned

andileeds;7419673

also do u have the link to the page where apple do the 129.99 service

Nope sorry - would suggest you ring your local store. They do do it, but I dunno if there are any limits.

Original Poster

i think its this but hopefully i can get it sorted !

apple.com/uk/…aq/
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. MacBook33
    2. Gala Bingo/Games. Deposit £5 get £40 cashback. Quidco - new Gala members22
    3. Why can't I connect my nectar to eBay?58
    4. NEWBIE Help with a new laptop or PC please?!34

See more discussions