Broken iPhone, can Apple replace it?

iPhone does not charge or turn on. When connected to computer, it wont detect it. When connected to wall charger, Apple logo shows for a minute then phone turns off, then Apple logo comes back, so it keeps repeating until it is charged 20%. After it charged 20%, it will go pass Apple logo and the phone will turn on, but power and home button do nothing, computer still does not detect it. When i plug it to wall charger, it wont charge.

I have opened the iPhone to see whats wrong but couldnt figure out the problem so i put everything back together. So i asked around what can i do about this, some say since i have no warranty i should chuck it in bin, some say Apple will replace it for £150 if you post it and £60 if you take it to store but it shouldnt been opened or in pieces and some say just take it to Apple and explain to them and they will give you a new one for free.

So which statement is true? The nearest Apple store is like 20 miles and i don't travel much.

4 Comments

have you tried DFU, and restoring it. jus make sure you have the correct IOS version and it maybe ok.
Edited by: "zerowing" 24th Mar 2011

I doubt Apple will replace it if you have opened it up and tinkered with it, certainly not free as well. What you should have done when you realised there was a problem was take it in-store to them for them to offer you a solution of what the repair/replacement cost would be and then you could have decided whether to take them up on this or open it up and see if you could fix it yourself. Since you can’t go back in time, best bet like the first poster has said is to give them a call and explain your story. If you take it in-store and the answer is not to your liking you will have wasted more time and money travelling there. A quick phone call is the answer.

zerowing

have you tried DFU, and restoring it. jus make sure you have the correct … have you tried DFU, and restoring it. jus make sure you have the correct IOS version and it maybe ok.

try what zerowing has suggested , follow this link iclarified.com/ent…034

if you have opened it up,then forget it,you will get nothing from them,I guarantee it

or ring apple and ask

Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. One for the mathmeticians79
    2. The HDUK home for Star Trek: Discovery1218
    3. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4671414
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424614496

See more discussions