Found 19th Oct 2009
I have dropped my iphone, and the screen smashed. still turns on but where can i get it repaired any idea anyone please help

1. Misc
  2. iPhone
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. iPhone
7 Comments

Original Poster

massmail666;6627719

buy screen off ebay and attemp a DIY?

that wil make it worse,i am not good with fiddly things

Why not send it back to O2 or Apple, depending on where you got it from and get them to fix it?

Yes you'll have to pay but at least it will be done right and guaranteed

Original Poster

karenhornby;6627743

Why not send it back to O2 or Apple, depending on where you got it from … Why not send it back to O2 or Apple, depending on where you got it from and get them to fix it?Yes you'll have to pay but at least it will be done right and guaranteed

just thinking if the cost of repair is high might as well get a new one

insure it, then claim in a week or so.

juiceblaster;6627856

insure it, then claim in a week or so.

lol

Make an appointment with your nearest apple store genius bar. I took it there and for £130 they offered to either fix it on the spot or give me a refurbished model (which is brand new but failed quality tests first time around and was rebuilt) there and then. I chose to get a new one. A brand new iPhone 16gb for £130. Seems a lot but better than having a smashed one!

When my iphone broke I used someone I found on ebay. The charge was £150 less than o2 quoted for the repair. I sent it off registered post, he repaired it the day he received it and posted it straight back registered post.

I had to pay upfront for the repair (was not a broken screen) but he even refunded some of the cost as the repair was not as involved as I had lead him to believe.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Electric Bike Advice.11
    2. Foo fighters presale code.2424
    3. Foo fighters pre sale code67
    4. landlord trying to get tenant to purchase a new bed when the old one was al…68

See more discussions