Groups

Broken laptop screen

I have a knackered laptop, my brother has a working laptop with a massive crack down the LCD. They are different brands but the LCD on both is 15.6" is it as simple as a quick switch-a-roo from the broken laptop, or is their other stuff to be considered?

Cheers

12 Comments

Banned

Only way you're going to know is to take them both apart, though I imagine they use different connectors onto the motherboard. Might help if you stated the brand and models.

99% of the time the screen connectors will be different. wat make of laptops are they? wat u mean by knackered it?

Original Poster

lumoruk;8610392

Only way you're going to know is to take them both apart, though I … Only way you're going to know is to take them both apart, though I imagine they use different connectors onto the motherboard. Might help if you stated the brand and models.

Ones a e-system (currys/dixons) other is a toshiba satellite
    emsi2519;8610461

99% of the time the screen connectors will be different. wat make of … 99% of the time the screen connectors will be different. wat make of laptops are they? wat u mean by knackered it?

Motherboard broken, unviable to fix

Most of the screens are standard. i.e same connector. same resolution same fittings.
    check resolution is the same and the sizes are the same.
    ie
    # Resolution: 1366 x 768 pixels

# Aspect ratio: WXGA, Wide screen

# Data Connector: 30 pin

Should work. The laptop manufacturers buy the screens from only a few screen makers so a standard is used.
    Both should have standard 30pin connectors just swap screens and use existing brackets to secure.

Original Poster

insight101;8610641

Most of the screens are standard. i.e same connector. same resolution … Most of the screens are standard. i.e same connector. same resolution same fittings.check resolution is the same and the sizes are the same.ie # Resolution: 1366 x 768 pixels# Aspect ratio: WXGA, Wide screen# Data Connector: 30 pinShould work. The laptop manufacturers buy the screens from only a few screen makers so a standard is used.

Thanks. Don't have much to lose by trying

insight101;8610641

Most of the screens are standard. i.e same connector. same resolution … Most of the screens are standard. i.e same connector. same resolution same fittings.check resolution is the same and the sizes are the same.ie # Resolution: 1366 x 768 pixels# Aspect ratio: WXGA, Wide screen# Data Connector: 30 pinShould work. The laptop manufacturers buy the screens from only a few screen makers so a standard is used.Both should have standard 30pin connectors just swap screens and use existing brackets to secure.

^^^ this

been there a couple times

Banned

Paddy_o_furniture;8610480

Motherboard broken, unviable to fix

My motherboard has broken also.

I shouldn't spill drinks on my laptop :roll:

if u come to sell the toshiba, let me know the model and wat works and i might be interetsed as i have one with a blown motherboard. Good luck trying screens

Original Poster

emsi2519;8611317

if u come to sell the toshiba, let me know the model and wat works and i … if u come to sell the toshiba, let me know the model and wat works and i might be interetsed as i have one with a blown motherboard. Good luck trying screens

Won't be selling it, still works apart from the screen. Just hooked up to a monitor instead.
    DLM;8610861

My motherboard has broken also.I shouldn't spill drinks on my laptop … My motherboard has broken also.I shouldn't spill drinks on my laptop :roll:

You mong!
    Mine just gave up one day, was working fine next day dead.

Banned

Paddy_o_furniture;8611454

You mong!Mine just gave up one day, was working fine next day dead.

Gutted, it was only 6 month's old as well :-(

Original Poster

DLM;8611669

Gutted, it was only 6 month's old as well :-(

You numpty, not claim on your home contents?

Banned

Paddy_o_furniture;8611993

You numpty, not claim on your home contents?

Nope.

We need to sort our insurance out :oops:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846168
      2. What do these 2 men have in common811
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764209
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?31137

See more discussions