Groups
    EXPIRED

broken nose?

just had a call from jui jitsu where my son goes and they say he bumped into another kid (running games) and nose is swollen. husband picked him up and came home to get his jacket with him.

son's nose looks wonky....still bleeding. he is at A&E right now with his dad whilst im sitting here fretting with the 2 lil uns.....is it broken if its wonky and swollen.... will it always be wonky?!

HUKD medical emergency service please help!

37 Comments

sorry my english is weak can you tell me plz what does this mean "icked him",cheeked it on internet but with no meanings...

Original Poster

thanks jb....sounds stupid but they cant move it back to a normal place in A&E?

how wonky? it could just look it from the swelling, if its properly broken they will presumably crack it back into place, probably wont look the same though ive broken mine 3 times

Original Poster

addjon

sorry my english is weak can you tell me plz what does this mean "icked … sorry my english is weak can you tell me plz what does this mean "icked him",cheeked it on internet but with no meanings...

sorry 'picked him up'

Original Poster

micoo

how wonky? it could just look it from the swelling, if its properly … how wonky? it could just look it from the swelling, if its properly broken they will presumably crack it back into place, probably wont look the same though ive broken mine 3 times

i had a quick look as he was very tearful and holding a tissue to nose and was grumpy cos i told him to go today...so its my fault obviously! :roll eyes: they were rushing out the door but i did have a quick look and was quite blatnetly 'not right' hope its just the swelling and they move it back. thanks

I have known folk with awful breaks and the hospital got them almost perfect cos it was a good break (if there is such a thing) hopefully because they are gonna get it quick they can set it right with not too much hassle.
    One lass I know who broke her nose (the husband broke her nose for her, lovely guy that he was) got some money after they split and rather than getting the awful bump she was left with fixed bought new boobs, dunno where her logic was that day.....

Hope he is ok though, I can't imagine how painful that could be.

hope he is ok MB, my youngest broke his wrist playing rugby yesterday

Admin

Also had my nose broken playing hockey when I was 13, mine isn't wonky luckily, I can feel a ridge in it though if I run my finger along it. As JB says, it prob depends on the severity of the break and how quick / if A&E straighten it.

Hope he's alright!

Skyebee

I have known folk with awful breaks and the hospital got them almost … I have known folk with awful breaks and the hospital got them almost perfect cos it was a good break (if there is such a thing) hopefully because they are gonna get it quick they can set it right with not too much hassle.One lass I know who broke her nose (the husband broke her nose for her, lovely guy that he was) got some money after they split and rather than getting the awful bump she was left with fixed bought new boobs, dunno where her logic was that day.....

Maybe her logic was to do with mantelpiece/poking the fire oO

hope he is ok!

Banned

Posting a thread on HUKD wont cover the fact or give you an alibi MB..... We all know you did a casey! X)

Hope he feels better soon.

jellybaby22

I have broken my nose 3 times, after the first it wasn't so bad...

oO Hellfire!! are you clumsy, unlucky - or arguementative?!

OP - hope your son isn't in too much pain, and whatever damage can be fixed up x

my sister broke her nose (walked into a wooden beam at adventure playground, lol) and she had it reset a few months down the line on the NHS.

hope it doesn't put him off the jui jitsu.

guv

Posting a thread on HUKD wont cover the fact or give you an alibi MB..... … Posting a thread on HUKD wont cover the fact or give you an alibi MB..... We all know you did a casey! X)Hope he feels better soon. <3

get well soon little man

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/5747/wa22yq.gif

Original Poster

lolz @ the casey refrences.

husband called and doc looked and said def is broken then ran off to do ENT calls....mumbojumbo u r pretty clued up....i assume they are doing what u posted.....

he is sounding better..spoke to him...hubby promised him a beyblade so if he gets out by 10pm they can go via toys r us...he is happy and cant wait to tell his younger brother he's getting a beyblade...kids!! still waiting to see what doc says....

thanks so much for all the nice comments guys.... x

Charlie Scene

get well soon little man

lol

Go Casey!!!

Get well soon baby magicbeans.

beyblades are win

Original Poster

thanks guys....

thinking of keeping him off school this week ...dont want him to get knocked tomorrow and make it worse/start bleeding again....

Last month when i did mine, i got one of the ENT appointments for a week later, didnt go haha, couldnt be arsed and i like my new squinty nose X)

micoo

Last month when i did mine, i got one of the ENT appointments for a week … Last month when i did mine, i got one of the ENT appointments for a week later, didnt go haha, couldnt be arsed and i like my new squinty nose X)

adds character mate

aww the poor wee soul - yeah good idea to keep him home for next couple of days MB

Big cuddles for baby magicbeans! Hope he feels better soon hun. X

Banned

yep it'll stay bent unless they crack it back in place.

Who nose? Snot me!

Hope he's ok MB x

Original Poster

aww thanks guys..im sitting by phone waiitng to hear.... was ok when the lil uns were awake as was distracted...now just fretting.

micoo ur broken nose looks ok from ur pic..but my son is 7!!! will defo tk him back..if thats the case...actually will try call see if he answers

beyblades are still around? awesome! MB will u ask hubby to buy me one

Original Poster

haha yeah beyblades making a come back!!

ENT appt. on 25th....will keep him off next 2 days and then back next week.

thanks guys

My son had some hip problems when he was about 7/8 and Beyblades (+ a bit of Calpol) were definately the best medicine
    Maggi Beans - don't fret...if you need something to take your mind off things - could you knock your lad up a quick sponge cake? - bit late..but it may keep you occupied - keep your chin up chick!

magicbeans

aww thanks guys..im sitting by phone waiitng to hear.... was ok when the … aww thanks guys..im sitting by phone waiitng to hear.... was ok when the lil uns were awake as was distracted...now just fretting.micoo ur broken nose looks ok from ur pic..but my son is 7!!! will defo tk him back..if thats the case...actually will try call see if he answers

I think the returns policy on kids runs out after 6 years, you may be stuck with him. Sorry couldn't resist, if it's any consolation I'm sure he'll have great fun boasting about it in school!

micoo

Last month when i did mine, i got one of the ENT appointments for a week … Last month when i did mine, i got one of the ENT appointments for a week later, didnt go haha, couldnt be arsed and i like my new squinty nose X)

I'd get it fixed Micoo - I fell out my highchair - broke my nose. I now have a deviated septum which basically means one nostril is partially blocked......if you develop something similar it won't help with your sports....

Original Poster

haha....hes tucked up in bed happy as larry.... will keep him off tomorrow as hes tired but u're right he will defo wana show off the broken nose!

kids hey...... nothing beats beyblades!

4 times from various different events was lucky to break it back into the proper place on the 3rd time.
    Should be okay if its a straight break, will be quite sore for around a week or two but he'll get used to it, just what comes from contact sport, better for it to happen earlier so its got a chance to back to place over the years.

Hope he's okay though

Make sure you buy him lucozade orginal and keep him off school for a few days but the first chance you get i would be writing a letter to Fujitsu.

Original Poster

Bully

Make sure you buy him lucozade orginal and keep him off school for a few … Make sure you buy him lucozade orginal and keep him off school for a few days but the first chance you get i would be writing a letter to Fujitsu.

lol! the sports centre where he does jui jitsu did ring last night to make sure he was ok.... i told them he broke his nose but not to worry...these things happen....although he shouldnt worry cos if we were stupid enough to sue he's got an insurance policy all kids who do jui jitsu sign up to anyways.

jellybaby22

I have broken my nose 3 times, after the first it wasn't so bad... But … I have broken my nose 3 times, after the first it wasn't so bad... But yeah was wonky.... 2 nose jobs later it's much better though....Think it depends how bad the break is though..... Hope he's ok

You should've learnt after the first time to do as your told.

gari189

I'd get it fixed Micoo - I fell out my highchair - broke my nose. I now … I'd get it fixed Micoo - I fell out my highchair - broke my nose. I now have a deviated septum which basically means one nostril is partially blocked......if you develop something similar it won't help with your sports....

are you not a little old/big for a highchair now mate?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Disney descendants duvet35
      2. Dreams bed sale.21
      3. No claims discount proof - Help needed89
      4. Looking for an iPhone deal33

See more discussions