Groups

Broken USB connection in my book external hard drive. Firewire converter available?

Just yesterday the usb connection port in my book home 1tb drive just broke. After opening the drive, I soldered it back in. This time the usb cable managed to fit in the port but the computer doesnt recognize it. Therefore i assume that theres a problem with the board... Does anyone know how to fix this?

Luckily it has a firewire 6 pin port, but my laptop doesn't. After looking on ebay there are a few sellers that offer a FIREWIRE TO USB convertor normally takes ages coming from Hong Kong. Does anyone know of any uk sellers, because i need it quite quickly.

I also found a firewire to firewire 1394 converter on amazon amazon.co.uk/1m-…1-1

would this work as a hard drive to pc connection? The reviews only state its for camcorders....

Thanks in advance

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73844468
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553782
      3. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?816
      4. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers911

See more discussions