Groups

broken vauxhall car lol HELP PLEASE

Hey all i get a vauxhall vectra the other day 1.8 sri on a V placte the problems are engine mount needs doing doing that today err car wasrunning sluggish mass air flow so got one from the scrap yard £5 matched up nunbers like vauxhall said works super carn't falt the car lol till the engine magement comes on when stud still idles funny i never had this problem before i put on the mass air flow any idears polease

9 Comments

oxygen sensor maybe

Original Poster

where could and find out if it is

thank u for you advise

bridtown;5955640

where could and find out if it is thank u for you advise

it was just a guess, if you take your car to a local garage they will do a diagnostic check, phone a few before you go, probably cost about £20 for the check

ding;5955654

it was just a guess, if you take your car to a local garage they will do … it was just a guess, if you take your car to a local garage they will do a diagnostic check, phone a few before you go, probably cost about £20 for the check

+1

Although it can cost more than that for diagnostic checks.

Original Poster

lol thank u i will have to to that god i remember when that used to be about £55 to have it looked at cheap now

1st thing to check is the mass airflow meter you get it from scrapyard? Possibly faulty. Also on a very well known auction site you can get a diagnostic handheld device to check and clear fault codes for the price you would pay a garage and are very easy to use. Just make sure it is OBD2 compliant. I have found one for £24.99 plus £4.99 postage.:thumbsup:

i am thinking of getting one of ]these around £18 delivered any good?

ding;5955654

it was just a guess, if you take your car to a local garage they will do … it was just a guess, if you take your car to a local garage they will do a diagnostic check, phone a few before you go, probably cost about £20 for the check

shauneco;5955687

+1Although it can cost more than that for diagnostic checks.

had my 52 vectra diagnosed for £20 cash at a local independent vauxhall mechanic and the wifes peaugot was done for £25 at a local garage, phone around for the best prices

Air flow meter is a common problem on the old shape vectras, i had the same problem on mine years ago,

The one from the scrappy could be faulty, what usually happs is you get to a certain rev range then it goes into limp mode, tuen iff the engine and it should clear, is this what happens ?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1918
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would30124
      3. word association Game74044563
      4. Does anyone have a Sky voucher code that they wont use?33

See more discussions