Broken Xbox one x

Posted 24th Jan
I have a broken Xbox one X. does anyone know where I can get the hdmi port replaced? not sure if I should sell as faulty or get it fixed.
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

13 Comments
Well, that's not good, RC.

I'm not sure TBH. I take it it's out of warranty? I've seen people mention asking Microsoft as they do still repair out of warranty machines. It has to be cheaper than taking a hit selling a 'faulty' machine and having to buy another one though - surely?

How about any 'gaming' shops in a nearby town/city? Could you get a quote for a repair? Also, are you absolutely certain that it's the port that's duff? Not just a cable playing up?

Hope you can get something sorted.

Phsy.
Microsoft do repairs obviously if out of warranty there will be a cost.

Worth checking how much though can do it via your Microsoft account online.

link below

Xbox device support
Just having a look on Google and saw this:

cexclinic.com/wha…795

I knew of their stores but didn't know they have a separate "repair" service. Online quotes too. Might be worth investigating if it costs you nothing to ask? Alternatively, visit a store if you have one locally?
I would expect it's cheaper to buy another and sell that one as faulty on ebay assuming you've done the usual checks like making sure it's not the cable or the tv socket that's broken.
I just checked on the CEX thingy and it is mentioned as £72.00 to fix HDMI port. I know that's not chicken feed but it doesn't sound too bad for it to be done, with a two year warranty and no messing about by yourself?
Thanks all. Microsoft will only swop it for a new one at £236. It's a Scorpio edition so didn't want to do that. I brought a new one as I couldn't wait. So might just sell it faulty. It's definitely the port as it's works fine streaming it and tried different cables.
Edited by: "RAGiN_CRiNZ" 24th Jan
Might try the CEX repair and then sell it. Might get a collector that's wants a Scorpio edition one
RAGiN_CRiNZ24/01/2020 12:11

Thanks all. Microsoft will only swop it for a new one at £236. It's a …Thanks all. Microsoft will only swop it for a new one at £236. It's a Scorpio edition so didn't want to do that. I brought a new one already now. So might just sell it faulty. It's definitely the port as it's works fine streaming it and tried different cables.

See now, I don't want this to sound sarky or anything but I really don't get why you would go to the trouble of asking on here about what to do - then immediately buy a new one anyway??? Like I say, I'm not being nasty but it's like you wasted your own time?

Anyway, you'll soon be up and running again with a new machine. I'd definitely have thought trying to sell a fully working machine would get better money than a 'faulty' one? I was just looking on Ebay to see what 'faulty' ones make and saw someone who's probably a scammer selling mega-cheap consoles!

Regards, Phsy.
Have you tried the usual things such as reset display settings?
Phsycronix24/01/2020 12:20

See now, I don't want this to sound sarky or anything but I really don't …See now, I don't want this to sound sarky or anything but I really don't get why you would go to the trouble of asking on here about what to do - then immediately buy a new one anyway??? Like I say, I'm not being nasty but it's like you wasted your own time?Anyway, you'll soon be up and running again with a new machine. I'd definitely have thought trying to sell a fully working machine would get better money than a 'faulty' one? I was just looking on Ebay to see what 'faulty' ones make and saw someone who's probably a scammer selling mega-cheap consoles!Regards, Phsy.

Yeah sorry. I couldn't wait haha. Hate not having it running. Still don't know what to do about the faulty one. I'll try CEX I think but the nearest repair CEX to me is an hour drive away. Not all their stores do it.
RAGiN_CRiNZ24/01/2020 12:25

Yeah sorry. I couldn't wait haha. Hate not having it running. Still don't …Yeah sorry. I couldn't wait haha. Hate not having it running. Still don't know what to do about the faulty one. I'll try CEX I think but the nearest repair CEX to me is an hour drive away. Not all their stores do it.

No 'local to you' gaming shops who might do repairs? Also, I think you can parcel up and send your console to CEX but of course that costs more (if insuring it) and comes with associated risk. I guess; now; you're under no pressure to get it fixed...
Why not buy a soldering kit and HDMI port and gave a go yourself?
ndksamb24/01/2020 19:12

Why not buy a soldering kit and HDMI port and gave a go yourself?

Bit too much for me. I'll probably make it worse
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants