Groups

broken/awkward plastic zips help pls

I have 2 dresses with plastic zips that zip up most the way but when they get to a certain point the teeth stop lining up and they zip up, but arent zipped properly if you know what i mean. without replacing the zips, as I cant seem to find faults with the teeth, is there any way of fixing, identifying the fault or anything i can try before i do decide to replace them?
    thankyou

5 Comments

have you tried a tiny drop of WD40? it might just slip the teeth into place when the zipper moves up/down

Original Poster

products;7406387

have you tried a tiny drop of WD40? it might just slip the teeth into … have you tried a tiny drop of WD40? it might just slip the teeth into place when the zipper moves up/down

no, ill give it a go now

was once told by a shop keeper to try running a candle over the zip, think the wax works in the same way as the wd40 might be less messy lol :thumbsup:

Original Poster

wastedlittledj;7406656

was once told by a shop keeper to try running a candle over the zip, … was once told by a shop keeper to try running a candle over the zip, think the wax works in the same way as the wd40 might be less messy lol :thumbsup:

ill try that b4 i try the wd40 i think like u said, less messy

Candle wax or the lead off a pencil (although that may only work with metal zips)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423714462
      2. word association Game73844456
      3. Royal Mil track and trace45
      4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)60477

See more discussions