Brompton Bike - Is this a good eBay purchase?

Posted 26th Feb 2023
Hi guys, opinion on below Brompton bike? Is this a good buy for £719? or should I cancel?

What model is this? Is it the C-Line? Can you tell how many gears it is in the pic?

I don't understand what all the serial codes mean.. I'm guessing this is 2012? Is that bad?

Anything I should look out for when inspecting/collecting?

I haven't emailed the seller to ask any questions, what should I ask?

Description doesn't provide much detail. This will be my very first Brompton.

I'm 5 feet 9, is this suitable for my height?

I don't really know anything about Brompton, so any advice appreciated. Many thanks!

ebay.co.uk/itm…76?
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

7 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    samwants2save
    Don't think the seller knows much either as they've stated that the bike is a 'house clearance find'. So, OP.. you really need to know the ins and Outs of a Brompton if you're shelling out 700quid odd.. it's a private cash sale, so no going back. Be aware. Also, maybe give it a miss as you're quite clueless at the minute. Get yourself educated on the make, join a bromp bike forum or FB page...KNOW what you want, else that's nearly a grand down the drain. If you've waited this long for one.. a few more weeks is not much more to wait (till you find exactly what you want)
    echobase
    Why did you not ask the questions and do some research before you bid?
    JimboParrot
    From the bid history doesn't appear OP won it? Seller doesn't seem particular forthcoming with descriptions of many of the items he is selling!
    bozo007
    You were planning to spend over £700 without a clue about the suitability of the product for your requirements? (edited)
    666FU
    "I don't really know anything about Brompton"

But you are willing to pay £700+ on a 10 year old push bike!
    lumsdot
    i have a dahon and they are quality

brompton ,i just think 16 inch wheels with steel parts

halfords.com/bik…d=t
    Pandamansays
    £700 and the seller can't be bothered to pump up the tires!
    I'd avoid and follow the advice given above by other posters.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants