Groups

browser hijacker

any ideas how i can get rid of a browser hijacker????

7 Comments

then when you have got rid of it google "hijack this"

nice little free program that will stop them

terry7866;3851867

then when you have got rid of it google "hijack this"nice little free … then when you have got rid of it google "hijack this"nice little free program that will stop them

:?

Are you sure?
    I don't think "Hijack This" will stop them. Is that not just a program so that you can get a log to see what is on your pc etc?

no i have it on mine

its like windows defender just runs in the background

terry7866;3851939

no i have it on mineits like windows defender just runs in the background

Didn't know that. I always thought it was just for generating log files etc. :thumbsup:

ok il explain

it runs like defender ..it does a scan and tells you where the hijack is (norm the reg) and tells you the name of the hijacker so you can google the name and find a removal tool

but if you fire wall is on and you security is upto date you should notget the problem anyways

dslreports.com/faq…428

other tools to try include cwshredder, spybot search and destroy and adaware. Some tools don't pick up everything so often worth running more than one. Good luck! Bfm
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Deleting chats on Facebook Messenger11
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764343
      3. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…99
      4. Tesco Recalls 1,000's of products!​45

See more discussions