Browser password protect

Posted 23rd JanEdited by:"jumpinoffthbed"
What's a good program for needing a password to get into your pc browsers? Sending my laptop to be upgraded and don't want to log out of everything
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
If the hard disk is NOT being upgraded just whip it out before you send it and slot it back in when it returns.
I'm curious what you are having upgraded?
Remove your drives.
Besides your browser history and site bookmarks being exposed.
People can easily install software to reveal your email passwords (not likely if you're dealing with a reputable company).
Can’t you just password protect the OS?
Derek_Fortescue_Shatwell23/01/2020 18:06

Remove your drives.Besides your browser history and site bookmarks being …Remove your drives.Besides your browser history and site bookmarks being exposed.People can easily install software to reveal your email passwords (not likely if you're dealing with a reputable company).

I'm having the hdd replaced with ssd and he's got the software to shift everything over, I don't actually know if it does the browsers/bookmarks etc I haven't asked yet I was just trying to be prepared if it does.
jumpinoffthbed24/01/2020 20:43

I'm having the hdd replaced with ssd and he's got the software to shift …I'm having the hdd replaced with ssd and he's got the software to shift everything over, I don't actually know if it does the browsers/bookmarks etc I haven't asked yet I was just trying to be prepared if it does.

Honestly, I would never recommend cloning one drive to another, there's just too much from old installs etc.
A clean install is always best.
Derek_Fortescue_Shatwell24/01/2020 22:54

Honestly, I would never recommend cloning one drive to another, there's …Honestly, I would never recommend cloning one drive to another, there's just too much from old installs etc.A clean install is always best.

Thanks I'll do that. I read about msmg software that removes stuff like defender and Cortana for less bloat, you know if that's worth doing?
jumpinoffthbed24/01/2020 23:49

Thanks I'll do that. I read about msmg software that removes stuff like …Thanks I'll do that. I read about msmg software that removes stuff like defender and Cortana for less bloat, you know if that's worth doing?

In that case, why pay someone to install an ssd. Its a simple 5 minute DIY job usually.

Do not remove windows defender either
Edited by: "chocci" 25th Jan
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants