Groups

BT Additional Socket ? ? ?

Can someone tell me how much does it cost to get an additional socket installed from BT? I'm currently using an extension and no longer want the wires being all cluttered and prefer just to have another socket upstairs.

17 Comments

I would think it would be cheaper to get cordless phones.

i think its cheaper to do it yourself, there are kits out there you can buy.

whats it for phone or internet?

Original Poster

g1bbuk;7566941

I would think it would be cheaper to get cordless phones.

Yes but it's because i want my router to be closer to the plug socket rather than having my router in the middle of no where,

Ive brought up an extension through the roof into the upstairs room, the telephone socket doesnt go any further, so i have to use a 10m rj11 cable the socket which runs behind my cupboard, and then i have my router in a weird place which make it look messy,

ive got a telephone base, fax machine, voip adaptor and router just lying on the floor so i cant tuck it under the bed or anything

will this help, its cheap as chips and easy to do. I've done it

ebuyer.com/pro…039

Original Poster

Stags;7567002

will this help, its cheap as chips and easy to do. I've done … will this help, its cheap as chips and easy to do. I've done ithttp://www.ebuyer.com/product/150039

well, it would be good to use, but the problem i am having is that if i had a telephone socket which was located more close to my mains socket i wouldnt have to run extensions that causes the clutter., i can jsut barely bring my rj11 cable behind the cupboard to reach my router, so it's a hastle to get to my router when i need to reset it, or turn it off.

And plus with my other devices that run from the router doesnt help either because of all the wires.

124.99 for enigineer to come out the 49.00 for the cables and socket i work for bt

Where do you live ?

grahamh1981;7567360

124.99 for enigineer to come out the 49.00 for the cables and socket i … 124.99 for enigineer to come out the 49.00 for the cables and socket i work for bt

is that £124.99 plus the £49.00 socket + vat !!!! how come its so much :thinking:

how much for cash :thumbsup:

Banned

choc1969;7567394

Where do you live ?

Oi Oi..... Chocs on the pull! :w00t:

OP.... stick a job in "mybuilder.com" if you dont want to do it yourself.

guv;7567417

Oi Oi..... Chocs on the pull! :w00t:OP.... stick a job in "mybuilder.com" … Oi Oi..... Chocs on the pull! :w00t:OP.... stick a job in "mybuilder.com" if you dont want to do it yourself.

My bro is a bt engineer :roll:

There are loads of ex BT engineers everywhere that would do it for £30 or less, ask around. Or do it yourself and one of them on here can talk you through the last bit. The hassle is feeding the wire from A to B neatly. Connecting up either end is only a ten minute job. My husband does extensions for my friends and doesn't charge.

As mentioned try to use a ethernet cable instead you wont drop any speed that way

grahamh1981;7567360

124.99 for enigineer to come out the 49.00 for the cables and socket i … 124.99 for enigineer to come out the 49.00 for the cables and socket i work for bt

It's £125, and each additonal socket on top of that gets cheaper. Don't know ehere you got that price for. BT charge you a call out chargem then an hourly rate when the fault is proved to be within your remit. Just because BT charge £125, talk talk may charge 150 and sky may charge 100, Openreach charges a fee then the service providers may top it up or make nothing.
    Look for telephone engineers on gumtree, or setmyrate. I'll be doing extensions from March (took my bit).

deanos;7568392

As mentioned try to use a ethernet cable instead you wont drop any speed … As mentioned try to use a ethernet cable instead you wont drop any speed that way

If done correctly your speed shouldn't drop at all, remember the signal has potenitally just travelled 5km through cables that could be over 100 years old in places. An extra 20m of twisted copper pair will make little difference

why not use powerline adaptors if its just broad band cheap as chips these days anyway punji if you get stuck email me

richp;7567412

is that £124.99 plus the £49.00 socket + vat !!!! how come its so much : … is that £124.99 plus the £49.00 socket + vat !!!! how come its so much :thinking:how much for cash :thumbsup:

Because BT are robbing B******s:whistling:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Laptop 1060 gtx ?33
      2. Jury service1114
      3. Tooth extraction1013
      4. Should I buy brand new wd drive without warranty on ebay811

See more discussions