Groups

BT Broadband (and BT Vision)

Hi,
    I have just moved house and my area's exchange doesn't support Virgin/Sky packages so I'm pretty much stuck with BT/Tiscali.

I was thinking of moving to BT and trying out their broadband and BT vision package but have two questions I was hoping you lot could help me with?!

1. My mildly technophobic friend says he has BT basic broadband package and he says his download limit is constantly being reached just by surfing the net and says he cannot stream online video from YouTube/iplayer etc as it counts as his download limit? This sounds crazy to me as he's not downloading anything?! Is this possible or is he confused?

2. Is BT Vision worth having? It is just like a massive external hard drive of media? Can you access it via computer also throughout the house? (Possibly a dumb question)

Thanks

Suz

9 Comments

Yep the broadband with bt is absolute rubbish, just moved from them 2 months ago and got o2 broadband. Get o2 broadband!! There is alot of post here of o2 broadband and how good service and speed is. Ny internet used to be very slow, only got about 2mb speed but moved to o2 and now getting 14MB!

Original Poster

Hmm I considered freesat but not sure it's worth the hassle...it's not much different to freeview and I don't really see much of a picture improvement in terms of HD tv? It's all alot of fuss about very little? Or am I wrong?

Original Poster

Jay-uk- are you telling me that BT count surfing as downloading? I told my friend he was talking utter cr*p and that wasn't possible?!

well i don't think that is how they do it but they put alot of traffic in your speed so you cant watch youtube or internet is very slow thus the reason i changed from them

suzi_suz;5997809

Jay-uk- are you telling me that BT count surfing as downloading? I told … Jay-uk- are you telling me that BT count surfing as downloading? I told my friend he was talking utter cr*p and that wasn't possible?!

Viewing any site will count as downloading (albeit on a lot smaller scale to downloading an movie etc). Your computer still has to 'download' all of the text/images on the website etc for you to view.

Moved to Misc. Feedback is for HUKD-related comments, queries and suggestions only. Thanks.

BT Vision is great. you get all the freeview channels plus all the on demand stuff.
    you get:

TV - things like Lost, Ugly Betty, Desperate Housewives, Scrubs etc.
    Sport - Documentaries, Classics
    Music - Docs, Music vdeos, playlists
    Kids - 100's of kids programmes.
    Films - 28 different free films every week. rite now there is You me and dupree, land before time, american pie, babe. not the newest but still good films.
    All when you want, no waiting for times or adverts.

I love vision, really glad I decided to move across from sky. Have a look at the vision website:
    btvision.bt.com/

having just read about it , it looks pretty pimp!
    much cheaper option than sky or virgin.

if you have say the sports pack and the film pack do you have to pay to watch the football or whatever?
    im not quite sure what the value packs actually give you.

What are the downsides to it?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game74044563
      2. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1817
      3. Does anyone have a Sky voucher code that they wont use?33
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767410

See more discussions