bt broadband going up, can i cancel?

Found 16th Jul
Im 4 months into my BT phone and broadband package and ive had a letter saying prices are going up. it says "if you want to leave and youre within your minimum contract erm youll need to call us by 5th august"
does anyone knwo what the minimum contract length is? ive had these letter from them on previous deals but ive never seen it worded like that before. We normally cancel our phone and broadband every year to take advantage of the new customer deals but we swap the accounts each year between me and my partner. seeing as my partner only canceled 4 months ago would they still count as a new customer if we were to renew?
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
“Each service will last for a minimum amount of time (the minimum term), which is set out in your order confirmation”
Their saying "if you're within your minimum term" covers just about everybody unless you have exceeded your minimum term in which case you can usually leave at any time (giving a month's notice, usually).
So if you want to leave, leave..
Minimum term for your current BT arrangement will be stated in your order; minimum term for new orders is 12m or 18m according to para 5 at productsandservices.bt.com/con…tml
You can cancel anytime you want, subject to your contract terms and obligations.
Yes
Looks like I'll cancel then. Does anyone know if we put another order in to take over the line and get a new number under my partner's name if we will count as a new customer even though it's only been 4 months since the last contact
aj1soad59 m ago

Looks like I'll cancel then. Does anyone know if we put another order in …Looks like I'll cancel then. Does anyone know if we put another order in to take over the line and get a new number under my partner's name if we will count as a new customer even though it's only been 4 months since the last contact

Yes you will.
aj1soad1 h, 4 m ago

Looks like I'll cancel then. Does anyone know if we put another order in …Looks like I'll cancel then. Does anyone know if we put another order in to take over the line and get a new number under my partner's name if we will count as a new customer even though it's only been 4 months since the last contact

Is there any service downtime between the terminated account ceasing and the new account being up and running? Thanks.
AndyRoyd14 h, 22 m ago

Is there any service downtime between the terminated account ceasing and …Is there any service downtime between the terminated account ceasing and the new account being up and running? Thanks.

No. Before you cancel you have to place an order for someone to take over the line. After that's done you ring up to cancel your current package. You don't even have to change the router.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants