BT broadband new customer

Found 28th Aug 2017Edited by:"peanuted"
Hello

I'm a bt customer and planning on giving my 30 day notice in.

I would like to sign up as a new account by registering in partners name. Loyalty means sweet fa, and factoring in cash back and rewards, new customers deals are non comparable.

Question is, can I put in a new order during cancellation period to minimise the downtime?

My thinking is that it must be allowed-situation where someone is moving home and new owner wishes to buy in advance?

Anyone had any success with this?
Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
Hmmmm I would ASK BT.
Wont work unless you're prepared to lose current telno

Expect you'll be charged a £130 connection fee too
Edited by: "chocci" 29th Aug 2017
chocci3 h, 46 m ago

Wont work unless you're prepared to lose current telnoExpect you'll be …Wont work unless you're prepared to lose current telnoExpect you'll be charged a £130 connection fee too

Not fussed about losing current number- can't remember last time I used landline anyway.

I always thought new customers get the connection charge waived?
peanuted56 m ago

Not fussed about losing current number- can't remember last time I used …Not fussed about losing current number- can't remember last time I used landline anyway.I always thought new customers get the connection charge waived?

yes but you will have to get disconnected to stay with the same provider so you wont get the activation waived. They only waive it if you switch from a different provider.
chocci8 m ago

yes but you will have to get disconnected to stay with the same provider …yes but you will have to get disconnected to stay with the same provider so you wont get the activation waived. They only waive it if you switch from a different provider.

I don't see how they can enforce this when a totally different surname would be applying.
peanuted5 m ago

I don't see how they can enforce this when a totally different surname …I don't see how they can enforce this when a totally different surname would be applying.

If it really was as easy as you suggest, then everyone would be doing it. Obviously they can enforce their owns terms and conditions
It has to be easy though. There are plenty of genuine customers who are moving into new homes who would like an up and running service as quickly as possible.
peanuted2 m ago

It has to be easy though. There are plenty of genuine customers who are …It has to be easy though. There are plenty of genuine customers who are moving into new homes who would like an up and running service as quickly as possible.

give it a try then and let us know how it goes.
You'll pay £40.99 one-off costs at most, possibly only £9.99, do the following :

1 - Do not cease your old account, If you've already asked then get back in touch and cancel the cancellation request. working line take overs can and will fail if the line has a pending stop.
2 - Order your new broadband package as normal, in anyones name (Including yours), set the start date of the new broadband to go active 1 working day after the old broadband contract ends. This is to avoid being charge for the old hub on the old account.
3 - Wait for the new account to go live, enjoy the savings.

Your old account might be charged a £31 cease charge for disconnecting the broadband connection, check in advance at bt.com/cea…rge
Your new account will have £9.99 postage charges for the new hub
You will also receive a letter stating another customer has informed them they're taking over the line, ignore that as that is what you want.

Hope that clears up the guessing and speculation
Perfect thanks
PKRichie1 h, 24 m ago

You'll pay £40.99 one-off costs at most, possibly only £9.99, do the f …You'll pay £40.99 one-off costs at most, possibly only £9.99, do the following :1 - Do not cease your old account, If you've already asked then get back in touch and cancel the cancellation request. working line take overs can and will fail if the line has a pending stop.2 - Order your new broadband package as normal, in anyones name (Including yours), set the start date of the new broadband to go active 1 working day after the old broadband contract ends. This is to avoid being charge for the old hub on the old account.3 - Wait for the new account to go live, enjoy the savings.Your old account might be charged a £31 cease charge for disconnecting the broadband connection, check in advance at www.bt.com/ceasechargeYour new account will have £9.99 postage charges for the new hubYou will also receive a letter stating another customer has informed them they're taking over the line, ignore that as that is what you want.Hope that clears up the guessing and speculation

that worked for you did it? I'll give it a try when my new 12 months is up.
I for got to mention that some products are standalone and won't automatically cancel.

BT Mobile will continue without line and broadband, you would lose the £5 broadband discount.
BT Sport on Sky will continue without line and broadband, you would lose the broadband discount.

BT TV and BT Sport on BT TV would cancel, It's dependant on having BT broadband.

You will also lose the free email addresses if you use one, you can pay £5 p/m to keep it.
You will lose your phone number and be given a new number.
You will lose cloud files if you use the free loud storage.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants