Groups

BT Broadband price hike contract cancel threat

BT home broadband users. Due to recent price hikes you're able to leave BT without penalty. My offer was due to expire soon. Going from £29 to £31.50 then increasing to £49 when my deal ended on a 50mb connection.
    Called them and and told them Vodafones deal, 18 month contract, 76mb speed, no line rental for £31 upfront cost of £49.
    BT matched the speed and price so getting 76mb for £33 no upfront cost.
    Pays to call and potentially cancel.

13 Comments

BT are a disgusting business to do business with. Would you not have been better off ending this contract and signing up again to get the £125 voucher?

VirginMedia, Sky.. now BT... No chances to save money

The line rental is 'included' in the package price. Looks like most providers now are moving over to this way of charging for the line rental + broadband as one price.

tommol

BT are a disgusting business to do business with. Would you not have been … BT are a disgusting business to do business with. Would you not have been better off ending this contract and signing up again to get the £125 voucher?

Foreign call centres who speak very poor English & BT for a communication company ,are terrible to deal with.

robertr

The line rental is 'included' in the package price. Looks like most … The line rental is 'included' in the package price. Looks like most providers now are moving over to this way of charging for the line rental + broadband as one price.

​It's now a requirement I believe, line rental can't be added as a little extra in the small print that doubles the cost of the service.

Just trying to work out who to move too as well, BT have screwed us over twice in the 9 month the contacts been running already!
    We used to be with Virgin, paid the line rental up front and had BB for £5 a month, but they don't appear to have that any longer?
    Are there are good offers out there ??

wish virgin would hurry up and announce their price hike,need to leave them asap

Original Poster

tommol

BT are a disgusting business to do business with. Would you not have been … BT are a disgusting business to do business with. Would you not have been better off ending this contract and signing up again to get the £125 voucher?

​had i signed up for a new account it would have been £53.99 a month for the same package.
    never had any issues in the past with BT tbh

My contract has ended and they offered me exactly same price for my package + 24 mths contract oO bye bt, hello plusnet. before someone start moaning about plusnet, my neighbour got it and they don't have problems (_;)

Generally always get a good get a decent deal from BT, and usually within a few quid of other providers best offers. But now that the call centres are back in the UK, you can now at least understand them

Renewed my contract with BT 2 weeks ago. Line rental, infinity 2 76mb for 37 pounds a month. Over the phone told them that virgin had a better offer.

OldEnglish

Foreign call centres who speak very poor English & BT for a communication … Foreign call centres who speak very poor English & BT for a communication company ,are terrible to deal with.

BT have had a UK recruitment drive and I understand that 90% of calls into BT are now answered in the UK, with a view of increasing that percentage over the next year.

waiting for virgin to follow so i can cancel and get sky free for 12 months with my new tv
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Spotify Family Premium share715
      2. word association Game73944490
      3. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1423
      4. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers1929

See more discussions