Groups

BT Broadband Question - if I leave BT,can I still access emails ? Also if I changed ISP any recommendations?

Ok when I left AOL as ISP I still could access my emails through aol.co.uk and the email address kept the same apart from .com was dropped and it changed to co.uk on end and emails still found their way to inbox.

If I'm on another computer I can access BT internet emails from another computer by logging in,but if I leave my Broadband subscription,does anyone know if the BT email address be wiped off and no longer able to access the emails?

I'm wondering if to leave BT Broadband,also I got a white home hub and the hub phone and really if they consider me keeping them when I move address,I would like a new black hub etc.

If I did change over ISP ,who would you recommend,I prefer joining up through Quidco to get cashback.

26 Comments

When we left BT (a few years ago I grant you) everything was deleted by them. Things might have changed. . .

Original Poster

steve1221;5801563

When we left BT (a few years ago I grant you) everything was deleted by … When we left BT (a few years ago I grant you) everything was deleted by them. Things might have changed. . .

Yeh I got a feeling they do the same was just asking if anyone had the same situation as me, found them pretty reliable connection though but wouldn't mind a new home hub set,specially as they quite an expensive providor.

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5801655

Yeh I got a feeling they do the same was just asking if anyone had the … Yeh I got a feeling they do the same was just asking if anyone had the same situation as me, found them pretty reliable connection though but wouldn't mind a new home hub set,specially as they quite an expensive providor.

How much you paying at the moment?

I left Sky and still receive emails through their account - I can't send via it however.

I'd recommend O2.

Original Poster

Starr;5801665

How much you paying at the moment?

I think it's £25 a mth,it's option 3 I have,unlimited,and I got BT talk which I think is £3.99 or £4.99 a mth,I've had BT now on option 3 for just over 2 yrs,I had AOL just before that.

I ideally want to go with an ISP who provide modem/equipment software etc as I don't have any of my own wireless routers or anything.

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5801695

I think it's £25 a mth,it's option 3 I have,unlimited,and I got BT talk … I think it's £25 a mth,it's option 3 I have,unlimited,and I got BT talk which I think is £3.99 or £4.99 a mth,I've had BT now on option 3 for just over 2 yrs,I had AOL just before that.I ideally want to go with an ISP who provide modem/equipment software etc as I don't have any of my own wireless routers or anything.

Ok

Reduce cost to £22.50 get Free Black Hub
    Stay on £24.54 and you'll receive hub and hub phone
    Stay on white router and reduce your cost down to £15.49 (retention offer)

You'll have to recontract to get these prices

BB talk should be free, free evening + Weekend so make sure you arent paying for that

On you landline make sure you are not paying for any extras, i.e £2.95 for evening + Weekend calls, that package is now free.

I'm sure they'd send you a new black hub and phone to keep your custom, so long as you commited to a new contract, ring them up and ask for a MAC code and call there bluff.
    I think you lose your email account if you move, however you can pay a fee p/a to keep it open, you used to also be able to turn your account into a dial up one and so long as you dialed in every so often could keep it that way.

0800 800 030 COT - Customer options team

Thats the number you need to call to get one of the above options

Just quote them which one you want

You looked at the providers available on your exchange? I'm with BT but if I paid for it, doubt I would be

I'm with Bt option 1 which suits me and OH fine - been with them now for 17months so rang them Saturday to see what they could do for me at renewal - got offered £12.65 per month with a new black hub FOC. Was paying £17.99 so good deal I thought which will now start on 27th of this month, the day the new hub comes. I have free weekend and evening calls (don't pay any extra) I would ring them and see what they will offer you. As broadband is so competative at the mo - they want to keep as many customers as possible.

often when you leave an ISP as long as you still access the email account (from a differnt ISP obviously) then the account will be retained, if left unused for X days, they are liable to delete it. do backup/forward any imp emails asap though!

oh, and o2 are brilliant for b/b in my experience!

Starr;5801756

OkReduce cost to £22.50 get Free Black HubStay on £24.54 and you'll r … OkReduce cost to £22.50 get Free Black HubStay on £24.54 and you'll receive hub and hub phoneStay on white router and reduce your cost down to £15.49 (retention offer)You'll have to recontract to get these pricesBB talk should be free, free evening + Weekend so make sure you arent paying for thatOn you landline make sure you are not paying for any extras, i.e £2.95 for evening + Weekend calls, that package is now free.

I managed to haggle a new Black Hub and free evening and weekend calls etc.. All for £15.49 and on a 12 month contract as opposed to the usual 18 month.

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]I got a new Black Hub and Phone; Option 3, for £19.98. 12 month contract.[/SIZE][/FONT] :-D

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Don't use the tied ISP free email services! Just sign up for Free Yahoo or MSN etc. Then you don't need to worry about email access when changing ISP's. :thumbsup:[/SIZE][/FONT]

Havent checked recently but I could still open emails from MY BT account, last time I checked was maybe 6 months ago and I left them 2 years ago.

Original Poster

Starr;5801756

OkReduce cost to £22.50 get Free Black HubStay on £24.54 and you'll r … OkReduce cost to £22.50 get Free Black HubStay on £24.54 and you'll receive hub and hub phoneStay on white router and reduce your cost down to £15.49 (retention offer)You'll have to recontract to get these pricesBB talk should be free, free evening + Weekend so make sure you arent paying for thatOn you landline make sure you are not paying for any extras, i.e £2.95 for evening + Weekend calls, that package is now free.

Ok thanks.
    Well the BT Talk is unlimited anytime of the day,I'm not paying extra on top,most of my calls are in daytime mainly too.

Original Poster

Paddy_o_furniture;5801944

You looked at the providers available on your exchange? I'm with BT … You looked at the providers available on your exchange? I'm with BT but if I paid for it, doubt I would be

Yeh I will need to check by postcode see what available in area too,I imagine BT will def be.

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5802580

Yeh I will need to check by postcode see what available in area too,I … Yeh I will need to check by postcode see what available in area too,I imagine BT will def be.

samknows.com/bro…nd/ judt in case you aren't aware of the site.
    ]thinkbroadband.com is also good for broadband info

Original Poster

Boogie83e;5802422

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]I got a new Black Hub and Phone; Option 3, for £19.98. … [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]I got a new Black Hub and Phone; Option 3, for £19.98. 12 month contract.[/SIZE][/FONT] :-D[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Don't use the tied ISP free email services! Just sign up for Free Yahoo or MSN etc. Then you don't need to worry about email access when changing ISP's. :thumbsup:[/SIZE][/FONT]

I do have an AOL address and MSN and I did have a Lycos one until they went down too.

I'm not bo9thered about any backing up of emails but am expecting an email shortly for a £10 Amazn voucher lol,the survey site take ages sending them out,upto 2 mths a time and when I leave this address,wel I may not have had it.

Original Poster

milewide;5802562

Havent checked recently but I could still open emails from MY BT account, … Havent checked recently but I could still open emails from MY BT account, last time I checked was maybe 6 months ago and I left them 2 years ago.

Ok thats good to know might be possibility still.

Original Poster

Paddy_o_furniture;5802608

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/ judt in case you aren't aware of the … http://www.samknows.com/broadband/ judt in case you aren't aware of the site.]www.thinkbroadband.com is also good for broadband info

Thanks,i did not know of the websites,I will take a look.

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5802631

Thanks,i did not know of the websites,I will take a look.

samknows has a postcode checker and will let you know of the services available over BT's copper network, it'll also tell you if your in a cable area.

Original Poster

Paddy_o_furniture;5802659

samknows has a postcode checker and will let you know of the services … samknows has a postcode checker and will let you know of the services available over BT's copper network, it'll also tell you if your in a cable area.

Ok thank you,I will take a look soon as it's quite important that when i do move home,that I have internet asap.

I left BT to go to O2 almost a year ago. BT email still working fine and still able to access my BT webspace. The only thing I had to do was change my Outlook settings to send email via the O2 server rather than BT's.

they sent me emails telling me that i would need to pay them a fee if i wanted to keep my email address from BT - i sign in through yahoo for my BT email and ive never paid them any money after leaving them that was 11 months ago and i still log in every day and get my emails back

I read somewhere that BT are increasing their phone call charges, not sure about BB prices.

Inactive;5805262

I read somewhere that BT are increasing their phone call charges, not … I read somewhere that BT are increasing their phone call charges, not sure about BB prices.

Daytime call charges will be going up from September, from 4.5p per min to 5.5p i believe
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Important info for Ryanair customers1419
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767180
      3. Martin Lewis explains your Ryanair cancellation rights.46
      4. word association Game73844453

See more discussions