BT Broadband retention

Posted 1st JulEdited by:"alan.hanger"
3497067.jpg
BT desperate to keep Broadband subscriptions. After my first year

subscriiption finished, there idea of loyalty was to raise my fee from £29.99 to £37.99.

Knowing I would walk away, they lowered it to £23.99 to compare with Plusnet £25.99 with £70 credit card (now discontinued). Didn't have to work hard, they were very pleasant. Can't work out why after haggling they list the standard price as £31.99 after telling me they would raise it to £37.99. None the less, great outcome.

3497067.jpg
Community Updates
15 Comments
If you are happy then it's a good deal.
Thanks, mine is up soon. Happy with service but would only stay if the price is similar to what you achieved.
BT refused to negotiate with me - they told me that I had already had a discount previously so I wasn't entitled to another one. I'm now with another provider.
First attempt they wouldn't match it. Got on to retentions who were brilliant.
Yeah offered me 24.99 for fibre 2
Wonder if I should bite ?
Mine was 29.99 and they were going to put me on a 54.99 tariff. i don't even bother contacting them, i got lucky and went with a 12 month contract with nowtv for £22 with unlimited calls. bt rang me a few days afterwards wanting to know who i went with and the price and then matched it. told them i wasn't interested and told them they shouldnt try to con me in the first place. Nothing against bt as i know all isps do this but it's so annoying.
I've got bt fibre 1 and bt sports app hd. £26.32 a month. I'm happy with that
£21.99 for 18months they offered me
deleted1276520
diggeroony01/07/2020 21:03

£21.99 for 18months they offered me

Why did they offer you that? Lol

How long have you been with them?
Did you cancel or start the process to switch provider?
Can you get Virgin in your area?

More details please I’m jealous of that deal.
Edited by: "deleted1276520" 1st Jul
First year anniversary. Told them I had a better quote. They checked it out and matched it. Can't get Virgin at my location.
deleted127652001/07/2020 22:17

Why did they offer you that? LolHow long have you been with them? Did you …Why did they offer you that? LolHow long have you been with them? Did you cancel or start the process to switch provider?Can you get Virgin in your area?More details please I’m jealous of that deal.

We had virgin and it was terrible so cancelled within the 14days cooling off period. We’d been with them 4 years, I just went on online chat and asked what they could do as I wanted to leave
It's quite hit and miss with what you get offered .. I was offered £23.99 for 24 months (plus saving from line rental saver) . I was getting quite good service with decent speed of around 50mb/s on BT fibre 1 (can't get fibre 2). Alternate was Vodafone or virgin. Vodafone was £22.99 and some £70 voucher. So hardly any difference over 2 years.. Virgin gets better speeds but so many reports of problems, didn't want to take a risk as broadband is critical for us to work from home...
Edited by: "xyz123" 2nd Jul
xyz12302/07/2020 13:03

It's quite hit and miss with what you get offered .. I was offered £23.99 …It's quite hit and miss with what you get offered .. I was offered £23.99 for 24 months (plus saving from line rental saver) . I was getting quite good service with decent speed of around 50mb/s on BT fibre 1 (can't get fibre 2). Alternate was Vodafone or virgin. Vodafone was £22.99 and some £70 voucher. So hardly any difference over 2 years.. Virgin gets better speeds but so many reports of problems, didn't want to take a risk as broadband is critical for us to work from home...

I switched from BT to Vodafone back in April and have to say it's been ROCK solid. No issues... in fact (and I know it going over the same lines) it's much more stable. My 70MB download speed is constant compared with my old BT connection (which was promised up to 150MB). In real world (during the day) I usually got 50-70MB and never got close to the 150MB. Had the OpenReach guys out a number of times and they just could not stabilize the signal.

So I just wanted to say I'm super happy with Vodafone.
deleted1276520
Just called and tried my luck with this.

Asked them when I’d be able cancel my contract and was told my current deal ends in September - they asked why so I mentioned Money Saving Expert virgin deal.

Lad at BT offered me to renew contract early for 24 months and pay £23.99 instead of £30.50 - I asked if they would credit one month payment as the icing on the cake which after 10 mins his manager agreed

I’ve been very satisfied with BT so very happy they’ve done this early for me! Thanks @alan.hanger I wouldn’t have tried without seeing this thread.
Well done. Easy isn't it?
Post a comment
@
    Text