Groups

BT Broadband retention deal - info for others

Just changed to John Lewis for phone and broadband. BT called to stop me leaving, didn't work but they offered....

Unlimited Broadband
    Line Rental
    Anytime calls
    Free mobile sim 100mins/200texts/500mb while we stay
    12 or 24month contract term fixed prices

£29.50 per month all in.

14 Comments

Was that fibre bb?

Original Poster

MrMan2011

Was that fibre bb?

No just standard up to 16Mb, I get 8.2Mb. It used to be 6-7Mbs but they upgraded the exchange to Fibre moved most people over so we are getting a faster connection now. Being an exchange only line we can't get fibre because BT got those connections set aside because they involve more cost and effort to upgrade when negotiating with the government so left slumming it on standard BB.
    Edited by: "McHotpoon" 14th Dec 2016

A friend got unlimited 80Mb (actual is about 56-58) for £33 all in, when he called to quit last month.

Pretty crap considering Sky were offering ~£17/mo with Sky Boxset Bundle (full TV package) with Sky Q 1TB, Unlim BB (ADSL), anytime talk.

Original Poster

kiish

Pretty crap considering Sky were offering ~£17/mo with Sky Boxset Bundle … Pretty crap considering Sky were offering ~£17/mo with Sky Boxset Bundle (full TV package) with Sky Q 1TB, Unlim BB (ADSL), anytime talk.

Rural exchange so Sky can't offer theirs for me. Sky wanted £15.99 + bb + anytime call plan so was just BT wholesale marked up.

Not really a deal considering they are the normal prices

Original Poster

swashey

Not really a deal considering they are the normal prices

Considering I was paying £54 quid for line rental, bb, anytime calls and caller display before thought £29.50 all in was good for BT on rural exchange.

if it was fibre that would have been good but standard broadband that is expensive..

McHotpoon

Considering I was paying £54 quid for line rental, bb, anytime calls and … Considering I was paying £54 quid for line rental, bb, anytime calls and caller display before thought £29.50 all in was good for BT on rural exchange.

You must of had fibre optic at the price or tv bundle cos if not you was robbed

swashey

You must of had fibre optic at the price or tv bundle cos if not you was … You must of had fibre optic at the price or tv bundle cos if not you was robbed

That's about right for a rural exchange.

I love how everyone talks about great offers but when you live just 4 miles from the town in a small village your choice is either BT, or a company that has to pay BT to connect you to BT but bill you with a different letterhead!

Parents been with BT for years, tried to find a better deal but no one will give us headline offers as we are outside their exchange.

Finally gone with SKY Fibre this year, which as it turns out is just ADSL speeds but sky can't supply us ADSL as they don't have that agreement with Openreach but do with FTC.

So we are paying for Fibre, which is less that BT ADSL, yet we get exactly the same speeds.

John Lewis next year :-)

plusnet are doing john lewis broadband and they are very crap- they where complained the most after BT for faulst and complaints etc

Original Poster

kick_u_in_the_nuts

plusnet are doing john lewis broadband and they are very crap- they where … plusnet are doing john lewis broadband and they are very crap- they where complained the most after BT for faulst and complaints etc

Yep, now been without broadband since the switch 29th Dec - now 3rd of Jan and been told today 3-5 days for open reach to look into. DSL service was lost on my line upon switch over (router log showed it) so explained fault could not be my line, filter ect. I was made to change filter, cable and router before a call logged with open reach. Much fun.
    Edited by: "McHotpoon" 3rd Jan

Original Poster

Yay have broadband at last! Turns out exchange engineer got confused and misconnected our line, ISP should have got an automatic SLG refund from openreach.... Think they get £150, I'll be seeing £1 a day so they will be up £140 for cra* service I had to deal with.

Original Poster

McHotpoon

Yay have broadband at last! Turns out exchange engineer got confused and … Yay have broadband at last! Turns out exchange engineer got confused and misconnected our line, ISP should have got an automatic SLG refund from openreach.... Think they get £150, I'll be seeing £1 a day so they will be up £140 for cra* service I had to deal with.

Well got a refund for service lost, complained that issues was not a fault but an engineer mistake by Openreach so I'm out of pocket for mobile data and no access to on demand services and Xbox for best part of a week. They agreed just a refund for services is not good enough and also credited our account £28.50 so nothing to pay next month - free month of service. Better than a kick in the balls.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Your favourite member of the Labour shadow cabinet is .....11
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767499
      3. Bearded chat1020
      4. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4691427

See more discussions