Groups

BT Broadband to BT Infinity upgrade,anyone had it?

Apparently if I have this an engineer has to come,as I've just had a new drive down and the entire house redecorated I don't fancy anything destructive going on.

Anyone know what it entails?

Cheers

5 Comments

Nothing will be dug up.

Most of the engineers work will be done at the exchange and green cabinet nearest your home.

Only thing that will be done inside is something to do with your faceplate.

I'm yet to have this but above is what ive heard.

Wait until Paddy gets here...

Starr

Nothing will be dug up.Most of the engineers work will be done at the … Nothing will be dug up.Most of the engineers work will be done at the exchange and green cabinet nearest your home.Only thing that will be done inside is something to do with your faceplate.I'm yet to have this but above is what ive heard.Wait until Paddy gets here...

Yes that is correct for fibre to the cabinet, its fibre to the premises that needs holes drilled in walls etc
    Edited by: "jase.2" 24th Apr 2011

If your paying for fttp then they will come into the house, otherwise you won't see them. Unsure what your asking exactly? or has these replies answered your q

FTTC uses the same copper infrastructure that ADSL uses. Unless your DIG (direct in ground/no duct) and you have a problem on the line nothing will get dug up (then it's down to you and if it was the case BT absorb the cost in most instances). AN engineer is required as a different NTE is required.

Assuming you currently plug your router into your master socket then the only thing that will be done in your house is on that socket. Nothing else will be done to your property.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?31138
      2. What do these 2 men have in common1013
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764211
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846169

See more discussions