Groups

BT Customer Service

Basically what I want to know is can I get a copy of the phone calI I made to BT on the 1st of Nov 2010.

They have over charged me & I want to listen to the original phone call that I made too BT to ensure they have got it wrong!

And i am not going insane

Thanks
    2scoops2

3 Comments

Original Poster

OK I found this
    How can I find out what personal information BT holds about me?
    If you want specific information ie.:

•copies of fault reports
    •copy invoices
    then you must contact Customer Services.

If you are asking for a full subject access request then put your request in writing, enclosing a cheque for £10 made payable to BT plc and send to British Telecommunications PLC, PP M3042 DSAR, Colindale House, The Hyde, Colindale, London NW9 6LB.

You will also need to provide the following information so that we can process your request:

•The relevant account number/s
    •The relevant telephone number/s
    •The relevant address/s
    •The date and time if requesting a call recording? (see also note below)
    If you have any information such as reference numbers, dates and times of contact then please include them in your request.

(BT does record some calls for Quality and Training purposes, however, not all calls are recorded. Calls are only held for a short period of time. If you want a call recording it is essential that you provide the information requested above, otherwise we will not be able to proceed with your request)

Once we have all the relevant information we will process your request within the 40 day time limit allowed under the terms of The Data Protection

Has anybody ever been successful & can I get round the £10 charge?

I had a bit of a argument with BT over something similar. Funnily enough, despite having names, times and dates of all my calls none of them were recorded!! Eventually I phoned them and said I wasn't going off the phone until I spoke with a member of senior management and eventually I got it all sorted out. What annoyed me was that I would speak to someone who said they would sort it and put notes on my account and they never did so I was having conversations thinking it was all sorted then back to square one a few weeks later. Very annoying so I wish you all the luck in the world - you might need it!!

10 is the EU wide recognised fee allowed to be charged for processing Freedom of Information requests. Wether Pounds or euros.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Which Kodi Add-ons?1010
      2. Dashcam question511
      3. Just an thought regarding Paypal22
      4. Best Custom ROM for XIaomi Redmi Note 234

See more discussions