Groups

BT Digital Baby Monitor

In August my wife is expecting our first child and we are looking at the various baby monitors on the market.

Just wondered if anybody could help shed some light on the BT ones?

The BT 150 seems a touch pricey and apart from being a new release is it that much different to that the BT Digital Baby Monitor or BT Digital Baby Monitor 100?

Appreciate any comments.

Thank you in advance.

10 Comments

Original Poster

Here is a link of the BT ones on the market:

[URL="amazon.co.uk/s/r…139?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=BT+baby+monitor&x=7&y=16I"]http://amazon.co.uk/s/r…139?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=BT+baby+monitor&x=7&y=16I[/URL]

Banned

You shoudl try to get a colour video monitor so you can actually visually check up on them as well as sound

Congrats.!!!!
    Welcome to the rollercoaster of life known as parenthood.
    We aint sorted one yet either!!

Original Poster

nacholibre;2435564

You shoudl try to get a colour video monitor so you can actually visually … You shoudl try to get a colour video monitor so you can actually visually check up on them as well as sound

We don't want to find ourselves glued to the screen but I see your point.

Banned

chartwise;2435572

We don't want to find ourselves glued to the screen but I see your point.

You dont exactly have to be glued....it's just to check up on your baby once in a while or when it cries

Don't get the cheap ones - you can get interferance from other monitors in your neighbourhood. I had a cheap one and a neighbour a few doors down said she could hear me talkin thru her baby monitor! Lets just hope she didn't hear the part where I was goin on about how I didn't approve of her man!!!!

Original Poster

Sheriff Waffles;2435668

Don't get the cheap ones - you can get interferance from other monitors … Don't get the cheap ones - you can get interferance from other monitors in your neighbourhood. I had a cheap one and a neighbour a few doors down said she could hear me talkin thru her baby monitor! Lets just hope she didn't hear the part where I was goin on about how I didn't approve of her man!!!!

Thank you for that. Somebody I know said exactly the same thing (it wasn't your neighbour! )

Banned

We have got the BT Baby Monitor Plus, we ended up buying it to replace a Tomy monitor cos it kept picking up noise from somewhere.
    I have no idea about the new models as we got ours nearly 3yrs ago.
    We still use ours as a nightlight and also so we can hear if our LO has sneaked out of bed!!!
    When she was a baby we loved the fact that we could turn the music on from the parent unit downstairs if she cried because if we went into her room after we had put her to bed she would get really upset when we then tried to leave.
    We've never picked up any interference or outside noise on this monitor and it is incredibley sensitive to noise in the baby's room, you can hear them breathing.

We have had loads of different types but the latest is the BT Baby monitor plus, the batteries that came with it were terrible but I replaced them with higher spec ones and now its great. Good quality and no interference. There is a Philips digital one as well which we also had and that was also very good no interfernce etc.

I'd highly recommend the BT baby monitor plus - check out ebay for a 2nd hand one as ours is three years old and still good as new.. best feature is that you can use them like an intercom to get them back to sleep when they stir. Don't even cosider any that aren't digital they drive you nuts.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Minecraft Xbox One S Leaked33
      2. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial712
      3. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay716
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764336

See more discussions