Groups

BT Fibre Optic help!

Banned
    Ive just had BT fibre optic fitted today and im trying to get my Playstation 3 to connect to the BT modem/BT Hub but it signs me in sometimes on the ps3 and most of the time i get error 80710102

Any help please?

20 Comments

Searched your code and came up with this:

Your text here

Original Poster Banned

moob

Searched your code and came up with this:Your text here

Thanks.

Banned

You've had Fibre optic cable installed into your home? You Richard Branson or something?

Banned

lumoruk

You've had Fibre optic cable installed into your home? You Richard … You've had Fibre optic cable installed into your home? You Richard Branson or something?

It's BT Infinity and it's really not that expensive. They're doing a special deal of £7.49 for the first 3 months. It's only available in a few areas at the moment with speeds up to 40 MB

Banned

You must be stealing all my internets! My 2-tins-and-a-piece-of-string BT internet has turned to dog poo over the last couple of days.

DJ1

It's BT Infinity and it's really not that expensive. They're doing a … It's BT Infinity and it's really not that expensive. They're doing a special deal of £7.49 for the first 3 months. It's only available in a few areas at the moment with speeds up to 40 MB

He's referring to the fact that it isn't fibre optic to the house but from the exchange to the cabinet in the street and then copper to the house.

Everyone knows what OP meant but lumoruk is just an irritating pedant.

dunfyboy

You must be stealing all my internets! My 2-tins-and-a-piece-of-string BT … You must be stealing all my internets! My 2-tins-and-a-piece-of-string BT internet has turned to dog poo over the last couple of days.

ours also......our contract is up for renewal now aswell and i think we are going to change to virgin 50mb option, does that then mean that we lose our bt landline? that would be quite annoying seeing as lots of people know our current number.

acecatcher3

ours also......our contract is up for renewal now aswell and i think we … ours also......our contract is up for renewal now aswell and i think we are going to change to virgin 50mb option, does that then mean that we lose our bt landline? that would be quite annoying seeing as lots of people know our current number.

You can have Virgins 50meg BB and keep your BT line but the 50 meg bb works out more expensive that way.
    £12.79 for BT line
    £38 for 50 meg BB

You can port your BT landline (£12.79) number over to a new virgin line (£11.99) and then put 50 meg BB on top. This way would work out the cheapest.
    shop.virginmedia.com/bro…tml
    £11.99 for Virgin phone line
    £28 for 50 meg BB
    Edited by: "Starr" 14th Sep 2010

Starr

You can have Virgins 50meg BB and keep your BT line but the 50 meg bb … You can have Virgins 50meg BB and keep your BT line but the 50 meg bb works out more expensive that way.You can port your BT landline (£12.79) number over to a new virgin line (£11.99) and then put 50 meg BB on top. This way would work out the cheapest.http://shop.virginmedia.com/broadband/up-to-50mb.html

thanks starr, so which option would i be going for there? is it the one on the right saying "without a virgin phone line"?

or do u mean that i go for the including phone line and just ask for my current number to be used on the virgin line? im confused as to what u mean by porting a number

acecatcher3

thanks starr, so which option would i be going for there? is it the one … thanks starr, so which option would i be going for there? is it the one on the right saying "without a virgin phone line"?or do u mean that i go for the including phone line and just ask for my current number to be used on the virgin line? im confused as to what u mean by porting a number

Ive just seen this hotukdeals.com/dea…e=2

You need to make sure your are totally out of contract with BT for phone line and BB first, then you need to speak to virgin and tell them you want a new virgin phone line and new 50 meg fibre optic BB. Tell them at the point of sale that you would like to port (swith/take with) your existing BT number. That way when your virgin phone line is installed you will then have your old BT number on it.

The option you take depends on if you are cancelling your BT line.
    If you are cancelling it then with virgin you need to ask for 50 meg with a virgin phone line, that way is the cheapest overall.

Does that explain it?

Starr

Ive just seen this … Ive just seen this http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/virgin-media-broadband-6-months-fre/757045?page=2You need to make sure your are totally out of contract with BT for phone line and BB first, then you need to speak to virgin and tell them you want a new virgin phone line and new 50 meg fibre optic BB. Tell them at the point of sale that you would like to port (swith/take with) your existing BT number. That way when your virgin phone line is installed you will then have your old BT number on it.The option you take depends on if you are cancelling your BT line.If you are cancelling it then with virgin you need to ask for 50 meg with a virgin phone line, that way is the cheapest overall.Does that explain it?

it does mate yeah thankyou, ill ring them up tomorrow or get my dad to and will tell them that we want to keep our current number and get 50mb, so itl be a virgin landline (11.99) with the 50mb package costing £28 a month so in total itl cost £39.99 a month. (is that correct?)

do you have a virgin phoneline starr? if so, what do u get for the £11.99 a month? is that just the set price and thats all u pay per month or do you then pay for every phonecall etc?

acecatcher3

it does mate yeah thankyou, ill ring them up tomorrow or get my dad to … it does mate yeah thankyou, ill ring them up tomorrow or get my dad to and will tell them that we want to keep our current number and get 50mb, so itl be a virgin landline (11.99) with the 50mb package costing £28 a month so in total itl cost £39.99 a month. (is that correct?)do you have a virgin phoneline starr? if so, what do u get for the £11.99 a month? is that just the set price and thats all u pay per month or do you then pay for every phonecall etc?

I dont have a Virgin phone line, got BT phone and BB.

For £11.99 you'll get free weekend calls included, so any calls made any other time will be charged. I think its another £6 to get 24/7 landline calls.

£11.99 line with weekend calls
    £28.00 50 meg bb.
    £39.99 inc vat per month

Saying that, BT infinity will be available in your area soon... (Harrow right?)

Infinity availability
    HARROW 30th September 2010
    Edited by: "Starr" 14th Sep 2010

Starr

I dont have a Virgin phone line, got BT phone and BB.For £11.99 you'll … I dont have a Virgin phone line, got BT phone and BB.For £11.99 you'll get free weekend calls included, so any calls made any other time will be charged. I think its another £6 to get 24/7 landline calls.£11.99 line with weekend calls£28.00 50 meg bb.£39.99 inc vat per monthSaying that, BT infinity will be available in your area soon... (Harrow right?)

yeah i guess but at the minute we have up to 8mb and its shocking, on a good day we get 1.1mb, i literally have to open a youtube page, press pause and wait for about 10minutes for a 3minute video to load....i think we will be much better off with virgin, a few or our neighbours have the 20mb package and they all get around 19mb so i think its worth it.

cheers for your help and advice.

acecatcher3

yeah i guess but at the minute we have up to 8mb and its shocking, on a … yeah i guess but at the minute we have up to 8mb and its shocking, on a good day we get 1.1mb, i literally have to open a youtube page, press pause and wait for about 10minutes for a 3minute video to load....i think we will be much better off with virgin, a few or our neighbours have the 20mb package and they all get around 19mb so i think its worth it.cheers for your help and advice.

No problem mate.

Just to let you know, BT infinity is different technology to the BB you have at the moment. The speeds you are getting now are awful, there's no hiding that, but infinity might give you over 25mbps.

Have you put your number in here?
    productsandservices.bt.com/con…-R1
    Right hand side speed test, put your landline number in there and post your results.

Starr

No problem mate.Just to let you know, BT infinity is different technology … No problem mate.Just to let you know, BT infinity is different technology to the BB you have at the moment. The speeds you are getting now are awful, there's no hiding that, but infinity might give you over 25mbps.Have you put your number in here?http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayCategory.do?categoryId=CON-TOTAL-BB-R1Right hand side speed test, put your landline number in there and post your results.

i know yeah, looks exactly like the virgin technology with the fibre optic stuff....i did that earlier yeah, infinity didnt come up for me as an option.

i got... estimated connection speed of 2.0mb......then i did the test again as a non bt customer and is says that i could get up to 3mb....bit cheeky that.

acecatcher3

i know yeah, looks exactly like the virgin technology with the fibre … i know yeah, looks exactly like the virgin technology with the fibre optic stuff....i did that earlier yeah, infinity didnt come up for me as an option.i got... estimated connection speed of 2.0mb......then i did the test again as a non bt customer and is says that i could get up to 3mb....bit cheeky that.

The postcode check is an average of your post code so always comes up more.

If its saying nothing about infinity then you wont be getting it for at lest 6 months.

I'd recommend you go for virgin then.

Starr

The postcode check is an average of your post code so always comes up … The postcode check is an average of your post code so always comes up more.If its saying nothing about infinity then you wont be getting it for at lest 6 months.I'd recommend you go for virgin then.

hmm but when i did both i had to pick my actual address so it seems to think that i could get an extra mb if i wasnt a customer haha!.........im definately leaving the buggers! cheers for your help again!

No probs man

Thread hijack

Original Poster Banned

http://www.speedtest.net/result/953255144.png
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?917
      2. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie911
      3. love affairs912
      4. word association Game73844475

See more discussions