BT Freestyle 750 cordless phone - help

Found 16th Aug 2012
I got this BT Freestyle 750 cordless phone 2 years back. I have 2 issues
1) As soon as I switch to speaker phone, the battery dies
2) Even in the non speaker mode, I can only talk for 30 mins.

Tried putting new rechargeable batteries. Still same issue. Any ideas what is the reason?

Link -> shop.bt.com/pro…750
Community Updates
15 Comments
http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11507/~/bt-freestyle-750
What MAh batteries came out? Did they match what went in?
dontasciime

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11507/~/bt-freestyle-750

Thanks, I had followed the answer as per 'Why do the batteries keep running low?', still no help.. the phone is out of warranty.. not sure if calling BT will have any help

I was thinking something wrong in settings or so, which causes this problem?
Is there just one unit or is there more than one phone?
WoolyM

Is there just one unit or is there more than one phone?

just one unit.
aircanman

What MAh batteries came out? Did they match what went in?

the old batteries were 600 MAh.. But the new ones doesn't say what MAh.. May be I will try to get a different rechargeable batteries and try.
I reckon its either not charging properly of the batteries useful life has expired

If you had more than one unit I would have suggested that you swapped the phones to different bases to see if it fixes but......
WoolyM

I reckon its either not charging properly of the batteries useful life … I reckon its either not charging properly of the batteries useful life has expiredIf you had more than one unit I would have suggested that you swapped the phones to different bases to see if it fixes but......

ok, I recharged batteries in a separate charger and then used it.. still same problem. also tried with a new set of batteries.
Edited by: "raj75" 16th Aug 2012
When the batteries appear to be dead in the phone try them somewhere else just to prove if they are dead
If they are, and other batteries make no difference I would say they phone has reached the end of its useful.

There have been some good deals on replacements recently.

I got a Freestyle 335 pack of 2 recently for £9.99
WoolyM

When the batteries appear to be dead in the phone try them somewhere else … When the batteries appear to be dead in the phone try them somewhere else just to prove if they are deadIf they are, and other batteries make no difference I would say they phone has reached the end of its useful.There have been some good deals on replacements recently.I got a Freestyle 335 pack of 2 recently for £9.99

thanks for you reply again.. the battery dies only on speaker mode, on normal mode it lasts 30 mins (way low than specified).. the same batteries works fine with TV remote.

I am happy to go for a new cordless phone,,, just don't want to throw away a good phone if there is a simpler fix.
I think there are many cases of items bought dying just after they out out of warranty. Companies do studies to test the MTBF (mean time before failure)
If you do better than this you are lucky
Bin it, buy Panasonic.
One other thing, try putting some duracell batteries in it, but DONT put it on the charging base! - Try and see if it still does it, if it does, I would say it is ready for the bin!
Called BT helpline, only suggestion is try System Reset. Tried that still doesn't work. If it had been under 12 month warranty, I could have returned it, but now I will keep this as a backup phone.
Phone says "Searching" and we can't make calls. The batteries in the handset seem to be fine.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions