Community Updates
bluefish2303
Other benefits are:

• Employment and Support Allowance
  • Pension Credit (Guarantee Credit)
  • Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • Income Support

Don’t forget you’ll need your National Insurance number when you order, so we can check you’re eligible.
shakey1981
bt will pay your etf up to £300 as credit to your bill they will not pay directly to your bank account (best check )
if you email a copy of your bill that shows your Early termination fee to swithcingteam@bt.com

BT
I am sharing an email where you just need to attach the details of your old provider so that BT can check the details for :you swithcingteam@bt.com
Dan_82
Who can get BT Home Essentials?

New or existing BT customers can apply. You’ll also need to be
receiving one of these benefits to qualify:

• Universal Credit
    (all claimants)
  • Pension Credit
    (Guarantee Credit)

Don’t forget you’ll need your National Insurance number when you order, so we can check you’re eligible.

Home Essentials broadband includes:

Guaranteed speeds
Get the speeds we promise or £20 back with our Stay Fast Guarantee.

Strong, reliable wi-fi
Get a great connection with our powerful Which? Best Buy Smart Hub.

Unlimited broadband
With no data caps or download limits, you can do as much as you like online.

Security as standard
Our 3,000 security experts work 24/7 to help protect you and our network from cyber attacks.

If you qualify, you’ll get Home Essentials for a year, even if you come off benefits.

After 12 months, we’ll run another eligibility check. If you still qualify,
we’ll keep you on the same plan. If anything’s changed, we’ll let you know.

How can I pay my BT Home Essentials bill?

You can pay your BT Bill by:
Direct Debit
online (debit or credit card)
by phone (debit or credit card)
by bank transfer
at a PayPoint

Find out more about your payment options.

Can I get BT Home Essentials if I'm on BT Basic?

Yes. If you’re a BT Basic customer you can get Home Essentials, as long as you’re eligible.

Will I have to do a credit check to get BT Home Essentials?

If you’re new to BT, we’ll carry out a credit check as part of your application. If you have a low credit score you may have to pay a security deposit. We’ll let you know what that is before you complete your order.
If you’re an existing BT customer switching to Home Essentials, we won’t carry out a credit check.

Where can I get advice on filling in benefit forms, job hunting or managing money online?

You’ll find lots of free, useful information about money matters,looking for a job, protecting your family online and much more at Skills for Tomorrow.

Does BT offer any extra help for people with disabilities or health conditions?

Yes, our Here For You hub includes help articles and advice, plus information on services and useful products.
Discussions

119 Comments