BT Home Hub

Found 1st Jul
I got a free hub when I took out my contract with BT in January 2015 and renewed my contract a year later for one year keeping the same hub and again renewed my contract a year later but this time for 2 years keeping the same hub.

I have a year left on my contract and my internet plays up sometimes and I'm wondering if it is the hub that is slowly on its way out.

I'm wondering if BT would replace the hub free of charge or whether they'd expect me to extend my contract to get it free.

Does anyone have any experience with this sort of thing? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Community Updates
AskBT
13 Comments
My Home Hub 6 started playing up a few days ago on all the wireless connections. I powered it and the PCs up and down many times. I called support and they did a line test but still we dropped connections all over the place.

Its in a cupboard on top of the NAS etc so some heat builds up. I separated it from on top of the NAS, lay it face down so all the cooling vents on the back all have maximum exposure and now all is fine again.

Anecdotally, I conclude that the warm weather has just tipped the balance of cooling and moving it sorted the problem.

If you have a Home Hub 5, badger BT to swap it for a HH6. Wireless performance is far superior
BT replaced mine free of charge mid contract when it went a bit woolly. They ran some tests and we found the reset button no longer functioned, had a new one a few days later .
If you're in contract and the equipment is faulty, it's replaced free of charge.
ccnp2 h, 7 m ago

My Home Hub 6 started playing up a few days ago on all the wireless …My Home Hub 6 started playing up a few days ago on all the wireless connections. I powered it and the PCs up and down many times. I called support and they did a line test but still we dropped connections all over the place.Its in a cupboard on top of the NAS etc so some heat builds up. I separated it from on top of the NAS, lay it face down so all the cooling vents on the back all have maximum exposure and now all is fine again. Anecdotally, I conclude that the warm weather has just tipped the balance of cooling and moving it sorted the problem.If you have a Home Hub 5, badger BT to swap it for a HH6. Wireless performance is far superior

I actually have the Hub 4 as got it in January 2015. Thanks for your reply.
Its normally a like for like replacement for the hub.
Edited by: "KingNav360" 1st Jul
Isn't the hub 6 only given out to BT infinity customers anyway, I think their ADSL customers now get the hub 4.
I do have BT Infinity 2 and have had that for 3 years so I'll probably have to buy the hub 6 then as it sounds like they'd only give me the hub 4 again unless I extend my contract which isn't up until January 2019.
XSerenityX5 m ago

I do have BT Infinity 2 and have had that for 3 years so I'll probably …I do have BT Infinity 2 and have had that for 3 years so I'll probably have to buy the hub 6 then as it sounds like they'd only give me the hub 4 again unless I extend my contract which isn't up until January 2019.

Please read my message
Replied!
XSerenityX5 h, 56 m ago

I do have BT Infinity 2 and have had that for 3 years so I'll probably …I do have BT Infinity 2 and have had that for 3 years so I'll probably have to buy the hub 6 then as it sounds like they'd only give me the hub 4 again unless I extend my contract which isn't up until January 2019.

In that case, presumably they would supply a hub 6, as I don't think they supply the separate vdsl modems anymore.
Edited by: "melted" 1st Jul
isn't there the opportunity to get out of contract FOC due to some price rise at the minute?
maddogb37 m ago

isn't there the opportunity to get out of contract FOC due to some price …isn't there the opportunity to get out of contract FOC due to some price rise at the minute?

No I don’t think so as only calls outside my bundle are increasing as my broadband price is frozen until 2019.
My grandmother had a HH3 for years at home. Eventually it stopped working, but BT had the cheek to check it and then only replaced it with a HH4! Admittedly it does have faster speeds than the HH3 but still, she’s been a loyal customer for years and years.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants