Found 31st Jul 2006
Hey

Has anybody tried this? Anybody know what the kit is worth?

Cheers.

Steve

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
5 Comments

I've been looking into this as well.

Technical Information:[LIST][*]Wireless 802.11b/g compliant. Up to 54Mb/s … Technical Information:[LIST][*]Wireless 802.11b/g compliant. Up to 54Mb/s throughput.[*]2 x Ethernet 10/100 Mbps sockets, auto-sensing.[*]ADSL2/2+ ready. Will support data rate of up to 24 Mb/s downstream and 3 Mb/s upstream when available. Note: BT currently offers up to 8Mb/s downstream.[*]1 x USB 1.1 (master) and 1 x USB 1.1 (slave) socket (Win 98SE, Me, 2k, XP).[*]2 x high quality broadband micro-filters included (comply with BT SIN 346 v2.2).[*]Full router functions such as DHCP, NAT, PPPoA/PPPoE and firewall.[*]Supports WEP and WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK (Wi-Fi Protected Access).[*]One VoIP socket (FXS). Compatible with UK telephones (impedance matched to UK spec).[*]PSTN backup line for using home phone line from any VoIP phones connected to the BT Home Hub; e.g. to make emergency calls.[*]Traffic flow control voice quality.[/LIST]

Thats the most I can find regarding the wireless router, maybe worth £50, but it does to a lot more than a normal one, like VoIP and TV on demand

Original Poster

jai47

VoIP and TV on demand

What are these?

erm,
VoIP - [SIZE=-1]Voice over Internet Protocol, basically you can make phone calls over the internet, for free, or a small charge.

TV on demand - BT are launching BT Vision, a new TV package, like sky. I think. With a home hub you will be able to order Movies and Music when you want to watch them.
[/SIZE]

Also there is BT Fusion, whereby you take your mobile phone contract out with BT mobile, and when ever you enter you house, the home hub will switch your mobile into a landline phone, therefore cheaper calls.

Original Poster

jai47

[SIZE=-1]TV on demand - BT are launching BT Vision, a new TV package, … [SIZE=-1]TV on demand - BT are launching BT Vision, a new TV package, like sky. I think. With a home hub you will be able to order Movies and Music when you want to watch them.[/SIZE]

That sounds cool - I wonder how I could hook up my LCD TV to this?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Missing the old HUKD for sale area.99
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769274
    3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247584
    4. £6 Promo Credit with £30 Gift Card Purchase @ Amazon22

See more discussions