Found 22nd Aug 2007
BT Home Hub ?

Does anyone have a bt home hub with a bt voyager 1055 adaptor, as mine is terrible with picking up the router, and when it does the signal is poor?

What have people done to improve the speed/signal, signal boosters?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
7 Comments

Cassia

BT Home Hub ?Does anyone have a bt home hub with a bt voyager 1055 … BT Home Hub ?Does anyone have a bt home hub with a bt voyager 1055 adaptor, as mine is terrible with picking up the router, and when it does the signal is poor?What have people done to improve the speed/signal, signal boosters?

Type 192.168.1.254 into a browser.

Click advanced.

Continue to advanced.

User:admin pass:admin

Go to the wireless options, if it's set to 1 choose manual channel selection and change it to something like 10 or 11.

Don't know why but the BT home hub is set to a rubbish wireless channel as standard.

Banned

Flash the firmware to Speedtocuh 7G I did and its much better!

Original Poster

Hi H4X3R can you show me the link for more info?

Ungreat- Thanks, but already tried the changing of channel it doesnt do alot ..

Ditch the hub as it's horrible, I much prefer my 2091 and he wireless range is better on it.

Banned

Cassia

Hi H4X3R can you show me the link for more info?Ungreat- Thanks, but … Hi H4X3R can you show me the link for more info?Ungreat- Thanks, but already tried the changing of channel it doesnt do alot ..

will do later on as i am still at work but you must understand that you could brick it if you mess up also

I have a BT 2091 unused if you wanted flashed to genric firmware

Original Poster

HI

Looks like it might be easier to buy a signal booster/range extender? Anyone know of any good makes/prices?

Banned

they usually work ok, but try this site for some good info on makes & models:
forums.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/def…asp
Just check with the extender manufacturer that it will work with your kit, as I emailed one manufacturer who told me "when we say universal, it does quite mean it will work with everything", lol!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition59608
    2. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers11
    3. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums33
    4. Win a Mama to Bee necklace from Blooming Lovely Jewellery, worth £249! @ Ne…33

See more discussions