Groups

BT Infinity 1 deal

Hi
    Thinking of giving BT Infinity 1 a go for 12 months as Virgin is poor.
    Seen a deal on BT website
    £15.00 per month for fibre up to 52mbs (Guaranteed 50mbs apparently )
    £18.99 line rental
    £11.00 per month for BT Sport HD via Sky box
    Activation fee and delivery of router
    -£125 back of BT via credit card
    -£101 back by TCP
    Is this as good as it gets for a deal with BT for new customers? Did want up to 76mbs but £25.00 is over priced in my opinion.
    Just wanted peoples thoughts before I go online and order.
    If anyone knows anything better give us heads up.
    Was considering Sky's fibre up to 38mbs unlimited had it before but the BT deal looks better.

16 Comments

Virgin is poor? How so? It's by far the best internet provider. Speeds are best, no bandwidth capping at peak time and no need for a telephone line.

Interested in what makes you think Virgin is poor. Especially considering you're considering switching to BT who are actually poor.

Original Poster

tommy6000009

Virgin is poor? How so? It's by far the best internet provider. Speeds … Virgin is poor? How so? It's by far the best internet provider. Speeds are best, no bandwidth capping at peak time and no need for a telephone line. Interested in what makes you think Virgin is poor. Especially considering you're considering switching to BT who are actually poor.

Were do I start
    Speed is no way near 200mbs be lucky to get 50mbs. This week its been below 5mbs
    Area is subscribed to hell
    Router has to be re set daily
    wifi is poor
    its throttled to bits at peak times (which is the times we use it)
    its expensive unless you get account credits
    There billing system is hard to understand I think a 5 year old could raise a better explained invoice
    Not interested in fibre without line

Now that's enough for me to say its poor

For you it may be different but for me its ****

mmurdoch

Were do I startSpeed is no way near 200mbs be lucky to get 50mbs. This … Were do I startSpeed is no way near 200mbs be lucky to get 50mbs. This week its been below 5mbsArea is subscribed to hellRouter has to be re set dailywifi is poorits throttled to bits at peak times (which is the times we use it) its expensive unless you get account credits There billing system is hard to understand I think a 5 year old could raise a better explained invoiceNot interested in fibre without lineNow that's enough for me to say its poorFor you it may be different but for me its ****

Ha... I can see why you consider it poor. Strange as I have 100Mb fibre for £32 and there's no throttling and I get 104Mb at peak times. Billing is bloody crap, agreed but then BT is even worse. I lost count how many times they charged me double, firstly claiming that's how they take payment and then finally after a lot of 'debate' admitting they over charged. Of course they couldn't transfer the money back only credit my account, which they'd conveniently forget for a couple of months before following through with it, only to double charge again the following month.

Also they throttle like hell. Not as bad as Sky but bad nonetheless.

I suppose you get different experiences in different areas.

If it's up to 52mb you won't get 50mb. No way can they guarantee that.

I had BT for a year with no issues

Original Poster

tommy6000009

Ha... I can see why you consider it poor. Strange as I have 100Mb fibre … Ha... I can see why you consider it poor. Strange as I have 100Mb fibre for £32 and there's no throttling and I get 104Mb at peak times. Billing is bloody crap, agreed but then BT is even worse. I lost count how many times they charged me double, firstly claiming that's how they take payment and then finally after a lot of 'debate' admitting they over charged. Of course they couldn't transfer the money back only credit my account, which they'd conveniently forget for a couple of months before following through with it, only to double charge again the following month. Also they throttle like hell. Not as bad as Sky but bad nonetheless. I suppose you get different experiences in different areas.

I think its all down to location, I read recently that BT no longer traffic manage anymore not sure if its true but a few people on forums saod it no longer goes off. To be honest there all as bad as each other.
    Im just looking for best deal for our familys needs. Kids are constantly online with xbox ones, I do the odd stream Kodi and all the other stuff. The internet is used fully in our home.
    What did we do before internet!!!!!!!!!!!

Original Poster

markvirgo

If it's up to 52mb you won't get 50mb. No way can they guarantee that.I … If it's up to 52mb you won't get 50mb. No way can they guarantee that.I had BT for a year with no issues

Hi
    Some chick on blower recons will get 50mbs, If its near enough and preforms well im happy.
    Starting to here good things these days about BT apart from there customer service which will hopefully improve now there uk call centres are more involved.
    If it works great you don't need to contact them so fingers crossed.
    Didn't think the extra cash was worth the upgrade to 76mbs tho only time will tell

this deal only avaliable over the phone.

​​i just bought a package.

Sky Q 1TB box

Box Sets + 80 channels

talk line rental

talk anytime extra

Sky Fibre Max

Sky Q Hub

for £27
    Edited by: "brendanhickey" 23rd Sep 2016

Good thing is if you leave next year you can use the BT router as a wifi extender as it is better then most for the wifi signal.

Original Poster

brendanhickey

I just bought sky this deal only avaliable over the phone.​​i just bought … I just bought sky this deal only avaliable over the phone.​​i just bought a package.Sky Q 1TB boxBox Sets + 80 channels talk line rentaltalk anytime extraSky Fibre MaxSky Q Hubfor £27

Good deal but I have no interest in sky q at the min. Just done a deal with sky for 60% of full shabangs and 50% off multiscreen with account credit on a rolling contract so happy with that.
    Sky Q to me is just a streaming product and I prefer hardrives in all my boxes with separate planner etc.
    Had sky fibre a while ago it wasn't that bad was only 38mbs tho. I read somewhere the sky router (older one) cant handle sky max and just spoke to sky and no deals on there max service.
    Cheers for heads up tho hope all goes well

Original Poster

markvirgo

Good thing is if you leave next year you can use the BT router as a wifi … Good thing is if you leave next year you can use the BT router as a wifi extender as it is better then most for the wifi signal.

Not sure how that works as im not clued up and im sure next year BT will offer a better deal when cancelling That's if it works correctly. PlusNet get some good reviews here in Sheffield but 18 months is a no no for me

mmurdoch

Good deal but I have no interest in sky q at the min. Just done a deal … Good deal but I have no interest in sky q at the min. Just done a deal with sky for 60% of full shabangs and 50% off multiscreen with account credit on a rolling contract so happy with that.Sky Q to me is just a streaming product and I prefer hardrives in all my boxes with separate planner etc.Had sky fibre a while ago it wasn't that bad was only 38mbs tho. I read somewhere the sky router (older one) cant handle sky max and just spoke to sky and no deals on there max service.Cheers for heads up tho hope all goes well

I have no interests with sky q either. but it works out a lot cheaper with it. it's a £80+ package for £27 the sky fiber max on its own is more than that.

brendanhickey

this deal only avaliable over the phone.​​i just bought a package.Sky Q 1T … this deal only avaliable over the phone.​​i just bought a package.Sky Q 1TB boxBox Sets + 80 channels talk line rentaltalk anytime extraSky Fibre MaxSky Q Hubfor £27

Is that price for a limited time only?

Angel_Of_The_North

Is that price for a limited time only?

Yes current offer, Sky offers literally change every other week and they wont do old offers after new ones. They're trying to push Sky Q hard so its really cheap atm

kiish

Yes current offer, Sky offers literally change every other week and they … Yes current offer, Sky offers literally change every other week and they wont do old offers after new ones. They're trying to push Sky Q hard so its really cheap atm

I've never heard of Sky Q. We have a Sky plus box and we get a third off the price for 3 yrs (about 12 mths left). We get all the channels (inc hd) apart from the sports and movies for £25 per month. We use Virgin for broadband and phone but the price keeps on going up and broadband keeps dropping on us so I'm thinking of going to Sky for everything.

Original Poster

So back to the original topic BT infinity

Original Poster

Well ordered online tonight. Got it for £12.50 in end. BT sport HD free for 3 month then £11. £125 back from BT & £105 from tcp. Deal as far as I'm concerned
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73944493
      2. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…11
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767288
      4. What would be HELL to you?1517

See more discussions