Found 4th Sep 2016
was looking at the BT deals for Infinity broadband, the BT website says it is not available in my area with my address, but my next door neighbour's adress shows infinity is available. anybody else had a similar issue and do you think it is worth contacting BT to confirm?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
7 Comments

Better to contact them. It is not making any sense, if it is available for your next door neighbour.

I know friends who have fibre lines running past their house but BT refuses to put in a junction point for them. If you live outside the area they want to serve super fast broadband to, you are out of luck.

cecilmcroberts

https://www.samknows.com/broadband/broadband_checker

Sam doesn't know. It says I can get BT FTTC but open reach site and all fibre checkers say it's not available yet. This site looks to just check if exchange has FTTC available but not actual street.

Check the official site, what does it say here?
homeandwork.openreach.co.uk/whe…spx

Edited by: "kiish" 5th Sep 2016

It could be because the fibre cards in the cabinet are full ?

Original Poster

kiish

Sam doesn't know. It says I can get BT FTTC but open reach site and all … Sam doesn't know. It says I can get BT FTTC but open reach site and all fibre checkers say it's not available yet. This site looks to just check if exchange has FTTC available but not actual street.Check the official site, what does it say here?http://www.homeandwork.openreach.co.uk/when-can-i-get-fibre.aspx

​hi it says this

Your fibre service is connected from this exchange.

Exchange name: xxxxxxxx
Exchange status: Fibre enabled

Cabinet number: 2

Technology: FTTC

Great news, you may be able to order fibre today. Check out the broadband deals Service Providers have to offer via our 'buy it now page'

hutchir9

It could be because the fibre cards in the cabinet are full ?

Spot on, it's even limited for business.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition50428
    2. Win the Diono Quantum travel system, worth £500 @ Netmums11
    3. daily mail comp - win a trip to queensland - comp closes 8th november, 201755
    4. Win free gin for a year88

See more discussions