BT Infinity Broadband 40gb download limit questions

I have just purchased BT Infinity with a 40gb download limit.

We have always had unlimited usage so don't know how much you can use, we have 4 computers.

Which is the best downloadable program for monitoring your download usage etc

Thank you in anticipation of your replies.

25 Comments

Wow. With 4 computers I think you will need more than 40gb

I dont see the point of getting BT Infinity capped to 40gb...

A standard unlimited 10mb connection would be enough for most people who stream etc..

Jeez I have just downloaded iron man 2 45gb thereabouts that would be me done on bt yikes

the porter

Jeez I have just downloaded iron man 2 45gb thereabouts that would be me … Jeez I have just downloaded iron man 2 45gb thereabouts that would be me done on bt yikes

That's a waste of about 44gb..........

sancho1983

That's a waste of about 44gb..........

Is it bobbins ? The first was quite watchable

the porter

Is it bobbins ? The first was quite watchable

Ofcourse it is don't you understand the mans comment in the first place lol even 4gb would more than suffice for iron man 2

It's not if you want 1080p 5.1 dts blu ray

Bt Infinity offer 40Mbps download and only allow 40gb download a month!!! What a joke! I download that a week!!

Banned

the number of computers using the network is irrelevant, if they're only being used for ebaying and using facebook etc there wont be a problem

infinity is worth it with a 40gb limit if you're not planning to download lots, with 4 computers on the network, the faster the connection is the better

adamipswich

Bt Infinity offer 40Mbps download and only allow 40gb download a month!!! … Bt Infinity offer 40Mbps download and only allow 40gb download a month!!! What a joke! I download that a week!!

It's not the same package, I'm on BT total broadband unlimited which gives me approx 7Mbps most of the time... and I download about 20GB per night sometimes... depends on whether I need some more linux distros to tinker with etc - anyway the point is, do they not offer an unlimited package on infinity broadband?

Just checked and they do offer unlimited, if you wanted that sort of speed I can't see why you wouldn't opt for unlimited downloads. 40gb is not a huge amount when you have kids downloading game demo's, films etc etc
Edited by: "adamipswich" 15th Jan 2011

Banned

just wait and see how much you use in a month, they'll let you up your package to unlimited without a problem no doubt, since it means you'll be paying them more money

i think there is a usage chart on your on-line bt account somewhere

Just checked mine and it is under Manage your services,click on the broadband tag and you will see a "view your usage"
click on that and up pops a little chart with what you have used
Edited by: "PEPSIDAVE" 15th Jan 2011

If anyone plays Xbox/PS3 online, you'll likely exceed your limit

DragonChris

If anyone plays Xbox/PS3 online, you'll likely exceed your limit

My kid plays the PS3 & Xbox all day long & I download around 30gb p/month & we don't get Capped.I'm with TalkTalk & they have 40gb fair play usage.

I have a limit of 20Gb two computers and a playstation 3, I use the computers for mainly for web browsing and streaming music, the playstation is in use for about 4 hours a day online most days playing blackops, fifa 11, battlefield bc2 and little big planet.

I normally use just over 10Gb.

When I played bf2 and played for silly amount of hours I got told to account for 2gb of data each month from friends.
I think the amount of data usage is created from game downloads.

Edited by: "antony4462" 16th Jan 2011

WheresMeNuts

My kid plays the PS3 & Xbox all day long & I download around 30gb p/month … My kid plays the PS3 & Xbox all day long & I download around 30gb p/month & we don't get Capped.I'm with TalkTalk & they have 40gb fair play usage.

Nice... I recall when we were with BT (granted, I think we had 10GB/month allowance ROFLCOPTER) we were easily hitting 30+GB per month using 2 Xboxes and 2 PCs, with some downloading and general usage, but also included some online gaming too.

Was just pointing it out for the OP

DragonChris

Nice... I recall when we were with BT (granted, I think we had 10GB/month … Nice... I recall when we were with BT (granted, I think we had 10GB/month allowance ROFLCOPTER) we were easily hitting 30+GB per month using 2 Xboxes and 2 PCs, with some downloading and general usage, but also included some online gaming too.Was just pointing it out for the OP

10GB? Luxury! I used to be on Orange and they only allowed 2GB per month! Needless to say, I used so much more than that every single month... they stopped sending letters complaining in the end lol

2GB per month!!

Pretty sure I'd use more than that if you took away the films and TV Shows

oldmanhouse

10GB? Luxury! I used to be on Orange and they only allowed 2GB per month! … 10GB? Luxury! I used to be on Orange and they only allowed 2GB per month! Needless to say, I used so much more than that every single month... they stopped sending letters complaining in the end lol

Wouldn't have minded if it was just a letter, but they charged us like £1 per GB used over the limit... The broadband bill was a FORTUNE >.< Scrapped BT and gone to O2 for £10 a month, very wise move - Saving like £30/month vs BT with faster interwebs - Result.

sancho1983

2GB per month!!Pretty sure I'd use more than that if you took away the … 2GB per month!!Pretty sure I'd use more than that if you took away the films and TV Shows

Ah, I rememer my first internet connection in November 2004 where I had 1 meg internet speed and 30 gig(I think) limit

I remember only downloading a gig or so in a month then, but that was before large (legal) games like on Steam were available and torrents were in their early days(who would want to have unusable internet for hours just to download a single PS2 game)

Its only been in the last 3 years since I went LLU unlimited that my usage shot up but even then I dont think I ever hit anything like 100 gig in a month, would be like 40-60

Original Poster

Nowhere near enough, going unlimited

is there a way u can check your bt usage online. precious.101@hotmail.co.uk

Are other providers cheaper for unlimited downloads.
Should I cancel my Infinity 1 subscription, and then reapply, as it seems that "new" customers get better deals than loyal existing customers.

system6ooo

Are other providers cheaper for unlimited downloads.Should I cancel my … Are other providers cheaper for unlimited downloads.Should I cancel my Infinity 1 subscription, and then reapply, as it seems that "new" customers get better deals than loyal existing customers.

You should've started your own thread or asked in the Ask section instead of digging up a four year old thread. Just saying.

Call BT retentions and ask them if you could get a discount.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763999
    2. Better watch out for these...915
    3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846088
    4. Any PS4 News Here29213596

See more discussions