Groups

BT landline question

Banned
    Is there anyway I can check online to see if my Land line is controlled by BT or Talktalk

Talktalk is my ISP

15 Comments

Who do you pay your line rental to? Whoever you pay your line rental controls your line.

whoever your line rental is paid to.

I thought BT own all phone lines and they sub let them?!?! not sure!! anyone?

mrman007;8543438

I thought BT own all phone lines and they sub let them?!?! not sure!! … I thought BT own all phone lines and they sub let them?!?! not sure!! anyone?

i thought this too

mrman007;8543438

I thought BT own all phone lines and they sub let them?!?! not sure!! … I thought BT own all phone lines and they sub let them?!?! not sure!! anyone?

That's right but they said Talktalk was isp so must have a landline already, only BT if you need a new line installed.

Dial 17070, if you get BT line test facilities it's a BT controlled line Talk talk may still lease it from BT. If it just gives your number it's LLU/Talk Talk I would guess the later

^^^^ interesting..

just dialled that number iand it just repeats the telephone number... once a bt engineer came over and had to do a ring back on our line to see if it 'rang'..he dialled sommat like 11010 or something. anyone know what that number is?

samwants2save;8545517

just dialled that number iand it just repeats the telephone number... … just dialled that number iand it just repeats the telephone number... once a bt engineer came over and had to do a ring back on our line to see if it 'rang'..he dialled sommat like 11010 or something. anyone know what that number is?

17070 but you can't do it on talk talk lines.

Original Poster Banned

it just repeats my number. It stupid that talktalk make you have a contract(with is expired) when they can just take over your line. as this makes it near impossible to go to another ISP as it will be more expensive .

JohnCenaFan;8546265

it just repeats my number. It stupid that talktalk make you have a … it just repeats my number. It stupid that talktalk make you have a contract(with is expired) when they can just take over your line. as this makes it near impossible to go to another ISP as it will be more expensive .

If your contract has expired you can leave and go with someone else. I was with Pipex but as soon as Talktalk took them over I left tried to sign me into an 18 month contract. I changed to Post Office home phone cos they are cheap and don't sign you into a contract. O2 is prob best all round for phone and broadband. Plusnet are cheapest isp if you can get it in your area.

Original Poster Banned

sweetas2009;8546762

If your contract has expired you can leave and go with someone else. I … If your contract has expired you can leave and go with someone else. I was with Pipex but as soon as Talktalk took them over I left tried to sign me into an 18 month contract. I changed to Post Office home phone cos they are cheap and don't sign you into a contract. O2 is prob best all round for phone and broadband. Plusnet are cheapest isp if you can get it in your area.

But you need a BT land line and i dont have one now that talktalk have taken it over so if i wanted to go with O2 I would be paying £31 a month instead of paying my current price of £25 so I would be paying more.

is there anyone to get it changed to BT without the 1year contract.

Original Poster Banned

I just checked nt Phone number broadbandchecker.co.uk and it says I can get O2 Broadband

JohnCenaFan;8547155

But you need a BT land line and i dont have one now that talktalk have … But you need a BT land line and i dont have one now that talktalk have taken it over so if i wanted to go with O2 I would be paying £31 a month instead of paying my current price of £25 so I would be paying more.is there anyone to get it changed to BT without the 1year contract.

They say a BT landline which basically just means a landline rather than cable eg Virgin it doesn't matter who you pay your line rental to. You could change to whoever you like as long as there is coverage in your area.

]http//ww…es/ have a read through this it should give you a better idea of prices around.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. wharf comp - win a michael grant watch - email entry only22
      2. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card11
      3. computer active mag comp - win one of two y-cam protect alarm systems worth…44
      4. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578

See more discussions