Groups

B.T line rental for £6.49 per month if u pay a year upfront INC free evening and weekend calls!

First deal and i got offered it so bit there hand off:

called 0800800150 option 3

adviced that wasnt happy anout them putting the line rental in October so they said they will give me a £36 credit on my account for the year bringing my line rental down to £9.49 for the year, she then adviced me that if i paid the year upfront she would then give me another £3 off a month so my line rental now works out at £6.49 and that includes free evening and weekends also!!! im very happy so thought id let people know!

35 Comments

i did this last time and got a credit. I never did get it.

You got lucky there. I recently phoned them and asked if they could do a better deal on line rental. Been with them for about 12 years and the answer was no.

Love posts like this as it gives others an idea of what the call operators are allowed to do to retain customers. Unfortunately i wont benefit from this one as we're with Virgin, but i'll pass on info to friends and family. Cheers :-)

BT is a good provider after all everyone has to pay line rental, THIS DISCOUNT IS FANTASTIC! HOT!

worth a shot I guess, big saving!!

I can't stand BT!!!

Pindi

I can't stand BT!!!

y cant you stand them? they supply the whole network even if you r with the like of talktalk or others! its not BT who set the prices its that OFCOM bunch! h8 them cause BT have to do what they say!

This isnt a deal cold ....
    Edited by: "cruisecars" 16th Sep 2010

i hate BT to
    O2 offer phone lines now. BE broadband will be offering them too. Im off to them asap, anything not to have to pay BT.

great deal but think il wait til jan 25th when BT Infinity: 40Mbps phone package arrives with 10 meg upload thats when gonna switch from virgin
    they go cable like virgin more competition means lower prices
    Edited by: "mmorpg_gamer" 16th Sep 2010

BT hold people to ransom, they charge far too much for just line rental when a lot of people now just need it for broadband
    didnt know price went up - the scum!

cruisecars

This isnt a deal cold ....

i begg to differ!

Go on line and you can get line rental saver until the end of the month.

no way! i just called them... £6.49 for the next year for me! bargain! happy days ... thanks for the post!

This is BT ,
    why would anyone want to give BT any money call centers in INDIA crap customer service company is money grabbing 02 is a great service and UK call centers with freindly people that can understand your problems ! COLD

cruisecars

This is BT ,why would anyone want to give BT any money call centers in … This is BT ,why would anyone want to give BT any money call centers in INDIA crap customer service company is money grabbing 02 is a great service and UK call centers with freindly people that can understand your problems ! COLD

point taken!

Got yourself a good deal there, im paying about £12 a month just for the BT line rental, without any phone package/contract

ha ha - oh the irony!

queenieburns

its not BT who set the prices its that OFCOM bunch! h8 them cause BT have … its not BT who set the prices its that OFCOM bunch! h8 them cause BT have to do what they say!

I think you misunderstand the very useful role of Ofcom.

As I understand it, Ofcom set MAXIMUM prices for wholesale.

Without this, BT could charge whatever they wanted and prices would likely be much higher (same for wholesale pricing and therefore much less competition). I don't believe Ofcom sets minimum prices which seems to be your suggestion and very different.

johndhuk

I think you misunderstand the very useful role of Ofcom.As I understand … I think you misunderstand the very useful role of Ofcom.As I understand it, Ofcom set MAXIMUM prices for wholesale.Without this, BT could charge whatever they wanted and prices would likely be much higher (same for wholesale pricing and therefore much less competition). I don't believe Ofcom sets minimum prices which seems to be your suggestion and very different.

No ,, i get yourpoint but i think BT would give better offers if it was allowed! BT are not allowed to give offers because of OFCOM's say so, apparently it would be not be competitive to the market

STill HOT for me just saved myself a fortune

COME ON BT! I KNOW YOU HAVE A TEAM, WATCHING THIS! GIVE YOUR INPUT!!
    Edited by: "queenieburns" 16th Sep 2010

Pindi

I can't stand BT!!!

I can't stand them either, unfortunately I don't really have a choice so anything that means giving them less money than I need to is a good thing

wll call them and try to get this cheers op

the badger

wll call them and try to get this cheers op

HOW DID U GO?

Phoned BT to cancel three months ago and they advised they would add £36 credit to my bill...a few months on and it's clear they lied unfortunately...called them up and they advised credit would only be added if I had agreed to sign up for another 12 months which was never discussed...disappointed, but feel you may only be reduced to £9.49 - I hope not, but they did make false promises to me...

this year upfront deal was posted before sometime, but there was something in the small print about having to make a chargeable call or else, that put me off doing it as I use 18185. Anyone know the details?

edit - You need to make at least two BT calls per month to avoid monthly charge of £1.50 being added to your bill &
    UK* landline evening calls 1.5p/min & daytime calls 5.9p/min (9.9p set up fee applies)
    = 23p a month minimum and remembering to do it.

Has anyone got it IN WRITING that free calls at the weekend would count as BT calls?
    Edited by: "chalkysoil" 16th Sep 2010

This is an decent deal if you want to stay with BT but I hate BT. They made me pay £125 connection fee and then forced me in to a 12 month contract. There was no negotiation on this. So I have vowed to change from them as soon as I can, which will be February I think. I've also read they automatically renew your contract so I will have to find out when and notify them, another reason to hate BT.

This is information and should be in misc as it isn't an advertised deal by BT and as such isn't guaranteed for everyone that calls.

I agreed to join BT because of their Vision having Sky Sports. They totally messed up my order so I cancelled and they messed that up to. BT took over my broadband and I was left without access to the internet for 12 days. I stayed with Plusnet, fantastic customer service and will be with them for a long time to come. I wil never switch to BT, not even if they offered anything for free, just not worth the hassle.

captainm

supermod

adviced that wasnt happy anout them putting the line rental in October so … adviced that wasnt happy anout them putting the line rental in October so they said they will give me a £36 credit on my account f

The Line Rental Saver option is £9.49 per month :

productsandservices.bt.com/con…984

You are paying £6.49 because BT apparently credited you with an additional £36cr on your account (£3 per month for 12mths) when you complained - as this is a personal credit and not an advertised offer this is a MISC post rather than a deal post unfortunately.

Edited by: "sigma" 16th Sep 2010

HOT missed the £127.99 for turning phone on which have been waiting on for ages!!! whoopee! am happy

We threatened to go to O2 and they offered us a £36 credit. Three months worth of bills and it's still not showing. Liars.

BT's customer service is poor, I've had nothing but problems with them on numerous occasions. I've switched everything to Orange, no problems so far.

i phoned bt last week, got £3 off line rental and £10 off my bb, on the option 3 unlimited. i only asked for my mac code and got offered immediately.

It seems all this is hit and miss. I just called them and got an offerred of £36 pounds credit and free evening/weekend calls. This works out as £9.79 per month. They would not let me have both £36 credit and pay upfront deal.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1320
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764529
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …155376
      4. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1744

See more discussions