BT Mobile Price Increase - Can I do anything

Posted 19th Feb
I'm 3 months in to my first ever BT Mobile contract and had an email saying the prices are going up. Anybody had any dealings with them before, or know if there's a part in the T&Cs that say you can leave without penalty if the prices change mid-contract?

Thinking of having a whinge to see if they will knock anything off
Community Updates

Groups

5 Comments
If rise is RPI you accepted that rise at contract inception so no grounds to leave at no penalty. If the rise is not RPI BT will have stated so and will have also stated your right to leave at no penalty option. Current terms statement:
"We will increase the core service charges by the annual percentage increase in the Consumer Price Index (CPI). We will do this so the price increase takes effect in March of each year starting from March 2020. In addition we may increase the charges at any time. Read clauses 25 and 26 of these terms and conditions for more information."
bt.com/ter…ice
AndyRoyd19/02/2020 16:12

If rise is RPI you accepted that rise at contract inception so no grounds …If rise is RPI you accepted that rise at contract inception so no grounds to leave at no penalty. If the rise is not RPI BT will have stated so and will have also stated your right to leave at no penalty option. Current terms statement:"We will increase the core service charges by the annual percentage increase in the Consumer Price Index (CPI). We will do this so the price increase takes effect in March of each year starting from March 2020. In addition we may increase the charges at any time. Read clauses 25 and 26 of these terms and conditions for more information."https://www.bt.com/terms/post11thjan2019mobile-service

Thank you, looks like its something i agreed to at the point of agreeing the contract. Mever mind, was just thinking of chancing my arm
clatron19/02/2020 16:40

Thank you, looks like its something i agreed to at the point of agreeing …Thank you, looks like its something i agreed to at the point of agreeing the contract. Mever mind, was just thinking of chancing my arm

The BT t&c quote in first post is for contracts from 11 October 2019 which may or may not include your contract. Earlier contracts will likely have similar RPI / CLI clauses but might be worth a look at your specific t&c though, where those applicable t&cs should have been supplied to you via "durable medium" at signup.
Got that mail, 1.3% increase. Don't care contract end in June anyway and then we switch to real Fibre,
Buckyball19/02/2020 20:18

Got that mail, 1.3% increase. Don't care contract end in June anyway and …Got that mail, 1.3% increase. Don't care contract end in June anyway and then we switch to real Fibre,

Mobile fibre. Interesting concept.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants