BT Mobile - Signal Assist Box

Posted 14th Feb
I want to change the address where I use my BT Signal Assist Box. BT have said I can only use it at my registered address, and if I want to use it anywhere else, I have to change my registered address with BT.

If I change my registered address to my work address (which is where I want to use the box), what are the implications of that? I can’t really think of any negative ones. I get my bills via email anyway.

What do you guys think?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

3 Comments
Sounds fine but what about where it's currently used? Don't you need it there? How does this box work and how much did it cost if you dont mind me asking? I'd like to go with EE/BT but the signal at home is poor so wondering if this would help
whitehawk15/02/2020 00:47

Sounds fine but what about where it's currently used? Don't you need it …Sounds fine but what about where it's currently used? Don't you need it there? How does this box work and how much did it cost if you dont mind me asking? I'd like to go with EE/BT but the signal at home is poor so wondering if this would help

I originally got it for home, but then realised I can use WiFi calling at home. I can’t do that at work, as the network there doesn’t allow it. It’s £20 and you can buy it from the BT Shop online. But only when BT themselves have determined you need it, as they need to activate it, it won’t work by itself. The £20 is credited on your bill, so the box is free, just you have to order it yourself from the website. Be aware though, that it only broadcasts a 3G signal, no 4G.

All you do is plug an ethernet cable in the box and turn it on and wait for it to activate (takes 24 hours). It uses a small amount of your internet, but its minimal.
If your work doesn't let WiFi calling work I'd imagine they have a fair amount of restrictions so this probably won't work either.

I use a vpn to my house on my work WiFi, can use everything then 😁
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants