BT - new router as an apology

Found 9th Jan
Sorry to those of you that will obviously being viewing this with contempt, but this is for the few that feels they can offer an opinion.

I have been having hassle with BT about broadband issues. I finally caved in the other day and accepted £30 compo and a new router. In my mind I can remember that a poster had suggested that acceptance of equipment meant they had agreed to a new contract. Do you think this is just a gift or will it have strings attached. I can't seem to speak to a UK adviser; I always get an overseas advisor who can't deviate from their script.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
10 Comments

Normally another 12 month contract for a new router but I don’t know for your situation

Can you vary the time of day you call, I always get Cardiff and they've been extremely helpful with any queries.

Have you looked at your online account to see if anything has changed?

Hopefully a Version 6 of the home hub. V5 is rubbish (and is the current Plusnet top of the range offering)

ccnp12 m ago

Hopefully a Version 6 of the home hub. V5 is rubbish (and is the current …Hopefully a Version 6 of the home hub. V5 is rubbish (and is the current Plusnet top of the range offering)

The HH6 is just as bad, IMO a terrible product.

Regretably I can't remotely agree Airbus. Perhaps you have a duffer?

WiFi on HH6 is a vast improvement on HH5. Just swapped to Plusnet and had the old HH5 badged as a Plusnet One and it was a dog. Put the HH6 back in and all works well

Of course neither is comparable to a £200 router but ........................

AirbusA3803 h, 1 m ago

The HH6 is just as bad, IMO a terrible product.

I get better signal when its transmitting the fon network then my own? work that one out

ccnp25 m ago

Regretably I can't remotely agree Airbus. Perhaps you have a duffer? …Regretably I can't remotely agree Airbus. Perhaps you have a duffer? WiFi on HH6 is a vast improvement on HH5. Just swapped to Plusnet and had the old HH5 badged as a Plusnet One and it was a dog. Put the HH6 back in and all works wellOf course neither is comparable to a £200 router but ........................

Maybe I had 2 duff routers then. I used this piece of junk for a week maybe whilst waiting for my Vigor 130.

Constant DSL dropouts, poor WiFi, router firewall blocking Cisco VPN, Windows Updates and Skype to name a few. Disabling firewall on router made no difference. Since my 2 piece setup has been installed it has not skipped a beat and the dslam has been good to me.
Edited by: "AirbusA380" 9th Jan

therocksays9 m ago

I get better signal when its transmitting the fon network then my own? …I get better signal when its transmitting the fon network then my own? work that one out

Im sure it’s just some clever ploy by BT to ensure everyone using BT equipment keeps the hotspot enabled, this way they can keep selling the broadband with access to the UK’s largest WiFi network.

Dolphinzz8 h, 36 m ago

Normally another 12 month contract for a new router but I don’t know for y …Normally another 12 month contract for a new router but I don’t know for your situation

18 months for a Smart Hub.

@Op - Did you receive an order confirmation email for the hub order ? If your broadband was recontracted it would state that you had renewed your broadband for another 18 months, if it doesn't then it didn't extend the contract.

Original Poster

A phone call later to a UK based call centre and it was confirmed that it was a no strings gift. I have obviously become very cynical.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions