Groups

BT Openzone..... Any good?

Hey,

ive noticed there are a lot of BT openzone wifi spots in my area, im currently without broadband and was thinking about signing up for this.

Does anyone have any experience of this? is it any good?

11 Comments

Not really a substitute for home broadband but it is pretty good when out and about. Especially if you have a smartphone or netbook.

not value for money if purchasing them direct.

If you sign up to lowest price bb, £14.49 you have unlimited minutes on hotspots but only 500 mins to openzone.

are you seeing fon hotspots or openzone?

Original Poster

Starr

not value for money if purchasing them direct.If you sign up to lowest … not value for money if purchasing them direct.If you sign up to lowest price bb, £14.49 you have unlimited minutes on hotspots but only 500 mins to openzone.are you seeing fon hotspots or openzone?

its openzone, im tempted to go for virgin media but just checking out alternatives. if BTs not a viable home broadband then i think i have to go with Branson

BTs good broadband just not cheap.

it depends what you need the broadband for, if its only gonna be for checking emails every so often then a cheap broadband will do fine.

Original Poster

i use itunes on occasion too, it says on the BT site that download speeds are up to 8mb, i may stream iplayer as well, the more i check up on BT the less inclined i am to sign up

Have you got a BT phone line?

Original Poster

Starr

Have you got a BT phone line?

nope, live in the town centre and have lots of openzone spots close by

Well for the broadband youd need the phone line, cheapest package is £26 a month for phone and bb and £50 connection 18 month term

Original Poster

Starr

Well for the broadband youd need the phone line, cheapest package is £26 … Well for the broadband youd need the phone line, cheapest package is £26 a month for phone and bb and £50 connection 18 month term

looks like virgin media wins then, thanks for your help

no probs

In 1 year of using BT hotspots i had just bad experiences.... High pings, no possibility to load videos at all, and unrelaiable hotspots.. Maybe just unlucky.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1220
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764435
      3. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?1631
      4. Anyone else used www.completesavings.co.uk11

See more discussions