BT OpenZone/ BT Fon

Found 17th Jan 2013
I have just moved into a new location, unfortunately the ISP cannot arrange for BT to install internet until end of month, this week I have spent £15 on BT Fon internet for 5 days. As you can imagine this is quite costly and doing so for another 2 weeks is going to be near £40.

Is there any promotions or deals or anything so I can access the BT Openzone/BT Fon router cheaper. I know when signing up to some things you get access to these free. I am with 3 for my mobile so don't think they give you access.
Community Updates
Misc
9 Comments
You could 'borrow' a friend's connection details for a while, assuming you known someone who has access?

Or use a 3G dongle instead - which will probably work out cheaper depending on what you plan to do...
I have 1gig of use on BT openzone included in my Vodafone contract on top of my 1gig data allowance
joshm

You could 'borrow' a friend's connection details for a while, assuming … You could 'borrow' a friend's connection details for a while, assuming you known someone who has access?Or use a 3G dongle instead - which will probably work out cheaper depending on what you plan to do...

Or you could try tethering your phone if you have a good rate on your existing sim
Or, ring BT and tell them that you'll only sign up with them if they provide free FON/OZ access until the go-live date. Worth a shot?
I believe Orange customers get this service free, is that correct? I may have to beg a Orange friend..
Joshm, you are full of ideas...I can tell you get a good deal on your internet ha, thank you, going to give it a shot now, think TalkTalk should provide it but apparently they can't no matter what
JboyJayJason

I believe Orange customers get this service free, is that correct? I may … I believe Orange customers get this service free, is that correct? I may have to beg a Orange friend..

Looks like you are right - Orange give you access to OZ but not FON
JboyJayJason

Joshm, you are full of ideas...I can tell you get a good deal on your … Joshm, you are full of ideas...I can tell you get a good deal on your internet ha, thank you, going to give it a shot now, think TalkTalk should provide it but apparently they can't no matter what

I guess there's not a huge incentive for them to pay for it when whichever provider you go to will have the same wait for BT Openreach to install your line. If you were getting your service directly from BT you might have had better luck.
Yeah I agree Knack, unfortunately I guess you get what you pay for, BT seem to have a better connection ratio however I will take 4mb less speed to save 30 pound a month. Shame I will be spending a lot on BT Fon this month!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants