Groups

BT or Sky Line Rental

I'm moving house tomorrow and will be taking Sky with me...I wanted to to pay the line rental through sky as the broadband will be cheaper if I do that....is this possible or do you have to have an active BT line first which would mean a 12 month contract with them before switching to sky???

6 Comments

get sky to sort it for u

Original Poster

hmmm just thought...I use 18185 to call canada and having looked around it appears you can't use this on skytalk...might just stick with BT and get O2 broadband as I'm an existing customer.

you are meant to have active bt line first but if you explain to sky they may pay to activate it - if not then try telling them you won't stay with them and they may change their minds! i'm with bt vision and love it - wouldn't go back to channel surfing ever again!!!!

haggle with sky, they can offer free connection and we got 12 months free line rental with sky by haggling and saying we were deciding between sky and virgin

I just rang them and they said a BT line is not needed and my virgin line would do

Bunf;4853467

I just rang them and they said a BT line is not needed and my virgin line … I just rang them and they said a BT line is not needed and my virgin line would do

I would check again, I think that is wrong information.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Microsoft approve Hyperkin's remake of the OG Xbox controller66
      2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17866382
      3. word association Game74044544
      4. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2468

See more discussions