BT Paperless Billing Overcharging

I received my BT line rental paperless bill a few days ago and noticed that they have changed the amount charged for from 3 months to about 3.5 months (They are trying to get the bill date to reflect the term of the bill or something). But have only credited 3 months paper-less billing.

I admit this is only about 70p loss - but I thought - 70p of of every BT customer will add up! - I hate monopolies so E-mailed them to complain.

Now the deal bit - They creditted my account £5.00 due to the mistake (Sorry - deliberate attempt to rip people off). [The first E-mail back from them said the bill was correct - so I replied to say it wasn't]

Thought I'd share - you may want to check your BT bill if you are on paperless billing.

5 Comments

Well that OP totally baffles me

Moved from deals to misc... this is just info rather than a deal in and of itself.

deb8z;3270253

Well it's sounds reasonably straight forward to me. I'll be looking at my bill, possibly a few minutes effort for a free fiver.

P.S: Do BT charge for the call to them?!?! :thinking:

Original Poster

deb8z;3270253

BT normally bill quarterly for 3 complete month.

According to BT, this month they are billing all customers for over 3 months - in my case 3.5 months, so the bill will show:

3 months line rental: £35.25
0.5 months Rental: £6.27
Paperless Billing Discount: £3.75

When it should be:
Paperless Billing Discount: £4.37

Hence over-charging.

Original Poster

monkeydo;3270299

P.S: Do BT charge for the call to them?!?! :thinking:

I E-mailed them - I can't start to think how hard it would be to explain to them over the phone!
Also gives to a "paper-free" trail for later :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Tv choice magazine Issue 3955
    2. Win a Free minion usb stick22
    3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains66
    4. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2020

See more discussions