BT price hike

Found 22nd Jul
Hey

I've been warned by BT of upcoming price changes. Since I've taken a contract around February/March time, for BT Infinity and landline rental (comes to £29.99) will I also be affected in the duration of my 18 month contract?
I saw that broadband is going up by £2.50 a month, but from what I've read it only affects out of contract prices. Is that correct?
Anyway, looking to clarify and for some advice if, in fact my monthly charges will increase. Cheers
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
I’d suggest you call bt and ask.
Yes you will be affected, hence why they contacted you. If you’re unhappy, you can leave them and go elsewhere with no penalties.
Ring them, tell them you are not happy about the price increase. Never take the 1st offer. I kept trying 6 days straight, surprisingly every time it was different price. 0800 800030
Call them and say you want to cancel it as have found a better deal elsewhere(look around find a better deal and quote it to BT). Got mine reduced from £43 to £25. Best letter I have received. Tried charging me more and now I pay a lot less.
_Whatever_22nd Jul

Call them and say you want to cancel it as have found a better deal …Call them and say you want to cancel it as have found a better deal elsewhere(look around find a better deal and quote it to BT). Got mine reduced from £43 to £25. Best letter I have received. Tried charging me more and now I pay a lot less.

You only get shafted for loyalty these days.
saeed281045 s ago

You only get shafted for loyalty these days.

Yeah you are right it’s a joke.
_Whatever_22nd Jul

Yeah you are right it’s a joke.

They tried to feed me- Bt being a premium brand with exceptional service bullshiiit . You can't compare with others.
saeed28104 m ago

They tried to feed me- Bt being a premium brand with exceptional service …They tried to feed me- Bt being a premium brand with exceptional service bullshiiit . You can't compare with others.

exactly the same here. Made a clear point to say “well I haven’t noticed this” then said I still wanted to leave and then funny enough they were able to offer me some discounts.
Cheers people, I will call them and try to haggle. Worst comes to worst I will switch somewhere else.
_Whatever_22nd Jul

exactly the same here. Made a clear point to say “well I haven’t no … exactly the same here. Made a clear point to say “well I haven’t noticed this” then said I still wanted to leave and then funny enough they were able to offer me some discounts.

Haha yes i got fed the same BS, the guy said “im going to be honest with you, BT are premium we will always be expensive etc other providers rent our lines and have smaller bandwith”

After he finished, I said “i’m going to be honest with you, other customers are paying £23.99 so why are you trying to put my prices up”
Instantly the guy offers me £23.99.
Got the email today, from bt.athome@ecomm.bt.com

That's not the usual address that my bills come from, so make sure you don't miss it or let it go to spam.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants