BT Price Increase from the 7th January 2018 for some

Found 7th Nov 2017Edited by:"Chanchi32"
Morning,

Received an email from BT yesterday informing me of a price increase on broadaband and calls (below email for reference).

Thought it may be account specific but is showing on their website as well about price changes from the 7th January 2018.

If you are affected you should receive an email/letter over November/December. More information on the link below.

bt.custhelp.com/app…87/

2823474.jpg
Community Updates
Misc
49 Comments
Cheers, wonder if I will be effected. Just joined via a deal on here, got £150 cash card & £90 TCB.
So if I leave I'm quid's in
will thes affect everyone with a bt contract?. i am desperate to leave, worst company i have ever dealt with. i have not received the email. would it be worth it to phone them..if anyone answers
tamboss8 m ago

will thes affect everyone with a bt contract?. i am desperate to leave, …will thes affect everyone with a bt contract?. i am desperate to leave, worst company i have ever dealt with. i have not received the email. would it be worth it to phone them..if anyone answers

You can check check the new price of your BT package by entering your BT account number & home phone number here:
bt.com/sta…tml
m00head3 m ago

You can check check the new price of your BT package by entering your BT …You can check check the new price of your BT package by entering your BT account number & home phone number here:https://www.bt.com/static/wa/account/pricechanges/login/login.html

thanks
Already posted
tamboss13 m ago

thanks

just cancelled, thanks
@Chanchi32 BT targeted you for being online 24x7 and finding deals which made many retailers in loss.

P.S - I'm with BT and think it's time to change
vassy11 m ago

@Chanchi32 BT targeted you for being online 24x7 and finding deals which …@Chanchi32 BT targeted you for being online 24x7 and finding deals which made many retailers in loss. P.S - I'm with BT and think it's time to change

Every year I say I am going to leave, but end up staying with them
I suppose OFCOM's ruling that it must reduce the cost for the elderly who only use their lines for calls and no internet means that BT are looking to recover the cost from elsewhere. If any company in existence is expected to do this it's BT.
Chanchi3225 m ago

Every year I say I am going to leave, but end up staying with them

I was in the same attitude this year but they freaked me out with cancellation payments ended up with them for a year.
Knew this would happen when BT were giving "free" upgrade from infinity 1 to infinity 2 (still waiting for my upgrade mind you). Mine's is going up by £3.01 per month, will move once I get the email and hope it happens before any Black Friday deals come about.
FreeDeal3 h, 54 m ago

Cheers, wonder if I will be effected. Just joined via a deal on here, got …Cheers, wonder if I will be effected. Just joined via a deal on here, got £150 cash card & £90 TCB.So if I leave I'm quid's in

Same here

I'll be £200+ in profit and will just switch to another provider
Am I missing something? I cant see what products are going up in price anywhere?
Kmore34 m ago

Am I missing something? I cant see what products are going up in price …Am I missing something? I cant see what products are going up in price anywhere?

BT to hike prices in January - here's how to fight back - Money Saving Expert
moneysavingexpert.com/new…ry-

Quote:
"How prices are changing?

Here's how prices are increasing from 7 January for those not on introductory or promotional deals:

• Standard broadband – will increase by £2/mth.
  • Fibre broadband – will increase by £2.50/mth.
  • BT Sport via BT TV – will remain at £3.50/mth.
  • BT Sport via app – will increase by £2/mth.
  • BT Sport via Sky TV (for those with BT broadband) – will increase by £2.50/mth.
  • BT Sport via Sky TV (for those without BT broadband) – will increase by £3/mth.
  • BT Sport HD bolt on – will increase by £1.50/mth.

BT is also hiking the cost of calls and call features from 7 January:

• Unlimited anytime landline calls package – rising from £8.99/mth to £9.50/mth.
  • Unlimited evening and weekend calls package – rising from £3.80/mth to £4/mth.
  • Landline call costs – calls to other landlines (including 0870 and 0845 numbers) will increase from 12p/min to 13p/min. The call set-up fee is rising from 21p/call to 22p/call.
  • Mobile call costs – calls to mobiles will increase from 16p/min to 17p/min. If you have anytime calls they'll increase from 8p/min to 8.5p/min.
  • One calling feature – will rise from £4.50/mth to £5/mth.
  • Two to Four calling features – will rise from £8.75/mth to £9.25/mth.
  • Five or more calling features – will rise from £11.75/mth to £12.25/mth.
  • 1571 – will increase from £2.50/mth to £3/mth.
  • Paper bill charge – will increase from £2/mth to £2.50/mth."
Edited by: "m00head" 7th Nov 2017
FreeDeal4 h, 54 m ago

Cheers, wonder if I will be effected. Just joined via a deal on here, got …Cheers, wonder if I will be effected. Just joined via a deal on here, got £150 cash card & £90 TCB.So if I leave I'm quid's in

If you're on a promo or introductory deal your price won't go up - but if you haggled it might BT has confirmed that customers on introductory or promotional broadband deals won't see their prices go up during their fixed deal, but they will still be warned their prices will rise after the end of their minimum contract. If you receive these one of these warnings you will be able to leave your contract penalty-free, but the chances are you're already on a decent deal.

Those who haggled a better deal at the end of their previous contract, which is usually in the form of a discount on the standard prices, will see their price increase. If you haggled and receive notification of a price rise from BT you will be able to leave your contract penalty-free but this is only worth doing if you can beat your current price - you may find you're already on a decent deal.
chocci1 h, 15 m ago

Same here I'll be £200+ in profit and will just switch to another provider …Same here I'll be £200+ in profit and will just switch to another provider

"BT has confirmed that customers on introductory or promotional broadband deals won't see their prices go up during their fixed deal"
Kmore16 m ago

"BT has confirmed that customers on introductory or promotional broadband …"BT has confirmed that customers on introductory or promotional broadband deals won't see their prices go up during their fixed deal"

but they will still be warned their prices will rise after the end of their minimum contract. If you receive these one of these warnings you will be able to leave your contract penalty-free

I'll be leaving and my profit will probably pay for BB for a year with EE (they are doing a £125 reward card)
chocci7 m ago

but they will still be warned their prices will rise after the end of …but they will still be warned their prices will rise after the end of their minimum contract. If you receive these one of these warnings you will be able to leave your contract penalty-freeI'll be leaving and my profit will probably pay for BB for a year with EE (they are doing a £125 reward card)

Thats interesting. My BT contract ends in April so if they tell me next week that rises will occur in after April then you are saying I can cancel in December?
Kmore1 m ago

Thats interesting. My BT contract ends in April so if they tell me next …Thats interesting. My BT contract ends in April so if they tell me next week that rises will occur in after April then you are saying I can cancel in December?

Thats the way I read it. Fingers crossed (although the service has been great so far for me - 50mbps on infinity 1)
I'm on an introductory deal and, according to the link provided, my monthly will be going up by £2.50. I'll wait until I receive the email before switching
chocci2 m ago

Thats the way I read it. Fingers crossed (although the service has been …Thats the way I read it. Fingers crossed (although the service has been great so far for me - 50mbps on infinity 1)

That would be handy if you could. I will await the letter. Thanks
Ty. I'll check mine. Hate BT.Nothing but problem after problem with them. Heat added 🖒🖒
I got this email yesterday
Thank goodness we have already left them. We have gone over to a BT reseller and get more for less £ and a faster internet connection that BT promised in the first place! Will never go back to them no how much cash back they offer
Ugh only other decent fibre provider is virgin and there prices go up 3-4 times a year also
Perfect time to switch and get the next intro offer.

I swear BT pay me to use them, with the £100 vouchers and the £70 cashback
I haven't had the email, but just checked on the link in post 3 and find my bills going up by £2.50 a month!
Does that give me the option to leave, or do I have to wait for the email??

Thanks
Edited by: "steve1221" 8th Nov 2017
has anyone got a full screenshot of the price notification email?
steve122120 h, 3 m ago

I haven't had the email, but just checked on the link in post 3 and find …I haven't had the email, but just checked on the link in post 3 and find my bills going up by £2.50 a month!Does that give me the option to leave, or do I have to wait for the email??Thanks

No need to wait for any notification if your prices are going up. You will be free to leave. They will not ask for proof when you give your 30 days leaving notice.
AstalaVista4 h, 16 m ago

No need to wait for any notification if your prices are going up. You will …No need to wait for any notification if your prices are going up. You will be free to leave. They will not ask for proof when you give your 30 days leaving notice.

Thanks, I'll be on the phone to them as soon as I work out who to switch to? There don't appear to be many offers around at the moment? Nothing like there used to be!
steve12212 h, 39 m ago

Thanks, I'll be on the phone to them as soon as I work out who to switch …Thanks, I'll be on the phone to them as soon as I work out who to switch to? There don't appear to be many offers around at the moment? Nothing like there used to be!

Vodafone seemingly doing 20% off from Monday and Black Friday is 3 weeks away,so hopefully some deals there.
32405092-2Rirn.jpghopeful this means I'm not affected
Edited by: "sheps" 10th Nov 2017
sheps4 m ago

[Image] hopeful this means I'm not affected

Check out my earlier comment, which has a full breakdown of the price increases:

hotukdeals.com/com…400
Edited by: "m00head" 10th Nov 2017
m00head5 m ago

Check out my earlier comment, which has a full breakdown of the price …Check out my earlier comment, which has a full breakdown of the price increases:https://www.hotukdeals.com/comments/permalink/32386400

I'm on a promo deal (have fibre so why I'm thinking this message was a good indication I'm not affected) so I'm hoping I'm OK or I'll be going mental at CS managers and escalating it until they deduct the difference lol
Edited by: "sheps" 10th Nov 2017
sheps1 h, 3 m ago

[Image] hopeful this means I'm not affected

I get the same message, have just re-contracted with them about 2 weeks ago to keep the price I was on for an additional 18 months, hopefully this means I have avoided the increase
5426angela33 m ago

I get the same message, have just re-contracted with them about 2 weeks …I get the same message, have just re-contracted with them about 2 weeks ago to keep the price I was on for an additional 18 months, hopefully this means I have avoided the increase

I'm gonna phone them later see what they say..
I'm on a promotional deal 12 month contract with cashback and £150 card, entered my details on the checker and it says my prices will be going up by £2.50. Is this a mistake?
XXXIshaqus4 h, 16 m ago

I'm on a promotional deal 12 month contract with cashback and £150 card, …I'm on a promotional deal 12 month contract with cashback and £150 card, entered my details on the checker and it says my prices will be going up by £2.50. Is this a mistake?

No mistake. EVERYONE'S price is going up. You keep your reduced rate + the price increase on top. You need to recontract for 18 months to keep your current deal.

My Unlimited Infinity 1 is increasing from £26.49 to £28.99. I'll happily lock the lower price in for 18 months. It's a bargain now and will be even more so by May 2019!
Anyone get this message when checking the link?

We're sorry, we can only show pricing for Broadband customers currently.
minted8314 h, 24 m ago

No mistake. EVERYONE'S price is going up. You keep your reduced rate + the …No mistake. EVERYONE'S price is going up. You keep your reduced rate + the price increase on top. You need to recontract for 18 months to keep your current deal.My Unlimited Infinity 1 is increasing from £26.49 to £28.99. I'll happily lock the lower price in for 18 months. It's a bargain now and will be even more so by May 2019!

Wrong

'Here's how prices are increasing from 7 January for those not on introductory or promotional deals:'
Edited by: "chocci" 11th Nov 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants