BT Price Rises

Found 6th Aug
Got an email from BT that prices are rising and that I can leave for free if I give 14 days notice. Rang up and they said it was a blanket email sent to everyone, not just to eligable people.Apparently because my contract started 22 June, I am not eligable as the price rises don't affect me.

Does anyone know if this is true, or the chap on the phone was lying to stop me leaving?
Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
I would have a look at what you were or should be paying and then see what they are likely to be. If there is a difference then it's worth speaking to them again. Your price may have already had the increase less any promotional discount
What is annoying is that in we are still forced to have a landline to have internet when most people have mobile phones with unlimited calls, three network used to do an all you can eat pay as you go top up for £15, I used it for my home internet as it allowed tethering, I think ofcom stopped it from being so cheap so they could keep forcing landlines on the masses. The three network was although only 3g was running around 10mb, all BT could provide at the time was 1.5mb on a good day.
Call them up complain say you are leaving. Boom cheaper contract that letter saved me £20 a month
I called up threatened to move to plus net (who bt own) and they price matched it and gave me free bt sport
I called up BT and said Sky are offering me unlimited fibre broadband for £24.99 per month and BT instantly reduced my bill to £29.99 (from £52). That is fibre 1 unlimited including line rental. It also wont go up in September during the price increases.
SOUTHWALES1 h, 1 m ago

What is annoying is that in we are still forced to have a landline to have …What is annoying is that in we are still forced to have a landline to have internet when most people have mobile phones with unlimited calls, three network used to do an all you can eat pay as you go top up for £15, I used it for my home internet as it allowed tethering, I think ofcom stopped it from being so cheap so they could keep forcing landlines on the masses. The three network was although only 3g was running around 10mb, all BT could provide at the time was 1.5mb on a good day.

How do you expect your internet to be delivered? Digging up roads and maintaining a physical distribution network with thousands of miles of cabling costs.

I agree the pricing model should be clarified but I don’t expect a physical link to be ‘free’.
SOUTHWALES2 h, 12 m ago

What is annoying is that in we are still forced to have a landline to have …What is annoying is that in we are still forced to have a landline to have internet when most people have mobile phones with unlimited calls, three network used to do an all you can eat pay as you go top up for £15, I used it for my home internet as it allowed tethering, I think ofcom stopped it from being so cheap so they could keep forcing landlines on the masses. The three network was although only 3g was running around 10mb, all BT could provide at the time was 1.5mb on a good day.

Do you really think decoupling the landline and giving broadband only would be cheaper to the consumer. The network is still present phone or not
Edited by: "Dannyrobbo" 6th Aug
There's always Virgin.
We switched from BT to Vodafone a few months ago and it's been great! I'm sure it's £25 per month Inc line rental.
If you read the price rise email it will have a date in May which the price rise notification was based on, as you changed your package after June 22nd the rise doesn't apply to you.
My email says the price is going up from September 16 and is the price of my BT services (ie calls). Broadband prices are not affected. I'm on infinity which started on 14 June.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants