BT Re-contract deal

Posted 5th Jan
My BT fibre contract is up in the next couple of months, they have emailed to offer the same price I’m paying for another 24 months.
I pay £33.99 Fibre 1

Do you think this is a decent deal or would you wait until nearer the end date?
Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
Are they offering anything else on that deal I just renewed was given a ring Doorbell they were then offering £100 prepaid card
rwf382005/01/2020 10:28

Are they offering anything else on that deal I just renewed was given a …Are they offering anything else on that deal I just renewed was given a ring Doorbell they were then offering £100 prepaid card

It was just that they offered.
I could maybe get more if I phone though.
Do your research to see what others are offering- get 2 or 3 comparisons from sky/plusnet using an online comparison tool- remember to include any joining bonuses ie pre loaded debit cards. Then once you have this talk to them via the online chat that pops up when you go to cancel on the website. They wanted to increase mine from £29 pm to £44 this year. After a lot of haggling and showing them that sky could offer the same package for £27pm and new BT customers get the same package for equivalent of £25pm (when £120 prepaid card bonus taken off) - I managed to get them down to £27 for 18 months which I took. But keep saying no - I was probably on the chat for about 45 mins and kept reiterating better deals. This is for super fast Fibre 1 too by the way, unlimited weekend calls.
Edited by: "adamtattonreid" 5th Jan
Give them a bell you ain’t got nothing to lose

0800 3457310
Edited by: "rwf3820" 5th Jan
I rung them up and quoted the Vodafone deal for £23 for the fast fibre 2. Broadband Choices were also doing £100 gift card. They offered me Superfast 1 for £19.99. No calls included with that though.
Thanks very much for the replies, I’m definitely going to shop around and will contact them nearer the time.
Hopefully I will be able to get a better deal from them, happy to move to a different provider if it’s a really good saving.
Staying put will never get you same deal as a new customer gets through cash back sites and other freebies.

You will be better off leaving. If you must stay with BT then cancel new provider in cooling off period when switchedand go back to BT as a new customer. If you feel the hassle is worth it.

I will be leaving with 30 days notice next month and currently pay £29.99 a month now line saver expired after 12 months.
Edited by: "MattyKHZ" 5th Jan
Following as mine is due next month too. Keep us updated OP
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions