Found 25th Nov 2009
Hi, When I first moved in to new home the BT wanted over £100 for recconection. I went for mobile broadband.
Now we have more than one laptop and some game consoles we want to get connected to the internet.

I've heard that BT didnt charge for recconection in June.
Do they still do this offer?
Also sky was paying for recconetion if brought with broadband.
Do they still do this offer?

I am after fast, unlimited broadband and home phone.
What are my options?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
11 Comments

is virgin media cable available in your area?

BT are still doing this offer if you sign up for an 18 month contract with them.

Sky charge £60

Original Poster

donnydude;6995040

is virgin media cable available in your area?

No, they dont have cables in my area.
dcx_badass;6995104

Post office or talk talk (my recommendation) can also install lines and … Post office or talk talk (my recommendation) can also install lines and do internet and phone, sky can't do it without an existing line.

Do they charge for new lines? Cos I have a BT plug, and line outside. The house was empty for over 4 months before o moved in (that was a year ago) I dont have phone, so i didnt check it for dial tone. Just gave them my address. And they said £125 for reconnection.
loll1es;6995110

BT are still doing this offer if you sign up for an 18 month contract … BT are still doing this offer if you sign up for an 18 month contract with them.Sky charge £60

Is it worth it to sign up for 18 months with BT? If i get sky do i still have to pay bt line rental?

There is a gadget available so that you can share your dongle- google share dock

Juice;6995775

Is it worth it to sign up for 18 months with BT? If i get sky do i still … Is it worth it to sign up for 18 months with BT? If i get sky do i still have to pay bt line rental?

Well, if you get a good enough deal i suppose. I have to admit being with sky at the moment, I much preferred BT.

Sky will charge £10 per month line rental, if you speak to an adviser though they may give you a 'half price for 6 months' deal. Remember with Sky you can get quidco quidco.com/sky/

Paid £122.50 for the newly built hose I'm moving into.

Original Poster

Sky costs £69 to set up.
and £40p/m for broadband, phone, tv and line rental

I have freeview I am happy with
I think I will go for talk talk offer
£89 pounds set up fee
and £29p/m for unlimited phone, 24meg broadband and line rental
+ free wireless 'N' router

Set up/ reconnection fee is still bit high, but better than with BT.
Are there any better deals on the market?

Sky can install lines (not just take over), plenty of companies can now.

Original Poster

In talk talk do you get some account on thier website so you can log on any time to check your usage?

Juice;7063174

In talk talk do you get some account on thier website so you can log on … In talk talk do you get some account on thier website so you can log on any time to check your usage?

You do, but don't expect any help from Talk Talk if your Broadband goes down.

dcx_badass;7063213

You kidding, I've been with them for 5 years and had no problems, … You kidding, I've been with them for 5 years and had no problems, admitably the phone support lacks a little but it does with every company. The forums are second to none, absolutely fantastic. The phone support isn't bad either it's just not amazing.

I am not " kidding " their telephone support is almost non existent, a forum is of no help if your broadband is down.

My ISP issues a Freephone number that is answered by a technician within 3 rings, so not with " every company ".

Do a compare of ISP's based on customer feedback;

thinkbroadband.com/isp…tml

See how they stack up.;-)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition50397
    2. Win the Diono Quantum travel system, worth £500 @ Netmums11
    3. daily mail comp - win a trip to queensland - comp closes 8th november, 201755
    4. Win free gin for a year88

See more discussions