BT renegotiate contact..... any chance?

Found 8th Aug
Hi everyone,

Took out by fibre with BT a couple of months ago. I added bt sports, basic TV, bt sports hd and talk anytime, all on an 18 month contract. I received a £120 gift card

They notified me a couple of weeks ago that the price was to go up. (not by much!)

Am I able to renegotiate terms, in particular to add BT sports for free as is their latest offer?

Thanks
Community Updates
AskBT
10 Comments
I got offered it (BT Sport) for half price but that was the best they offered after 2 phone calls. They reduced my unlimited fibre BB to £21.99 for 18 months
Saulll5 m ago

I got offered it (BT Sport) for half price but that was the best they …I got offered it (BT Sport) for half price but that was the best they offered after 2 phone calls. They reduced my unlimited fibre BB to £21.99 for 18 months

Did you threaten to leave or go with a more softly softly approach?
I left, they told me the date I needed to have my line transferred over by to avoid any cancellation charges, I waited a week but didn’t get any better offers.
The best way to renogiate is if a rival is able to offer a similar or better package for less. I know that Plusnet, for example offer a BT Sports package. If that is the case and the deal is cheaper, just tell them that you want to cancel due to the price increase. They'll probably ask whether you've found another deal to which you can quote them the exact costings. They'll then day that BT is superior because it offers higher consistent speeds etc. but then at the same time should offer a better deal. Of course it also depends who you speak to as sometimes they need to see that you've already commenced the switching process before they give you their very best deals. Remember when you switch, you usually have a 14 day cooling-off period.
Another option, which I am about to try, is to take out a new contract with BT, but in a different name. Worked on the current deal I am on, so will go again. Phone number will change however
I wouldn't bother with renegotiating the contract. Cancel it and sign up as a new customer. You'll get another MasterCard voucher and current BT Sport offer. I read you can just sign up using the same details as once you give your cancellation, you're treated as a new customer.
The best way to negotiate is to phone up and say enquiring if sky has put in a request to port over yet.. they then offer to sweet deals to try and keep. I would also recommend not switch or changing your contact if your riding the black Friday wave.. because you want your contract to end after black Friday so you get good deals.. also you can order month in advance so for example if your contract finishes in February 2019 you can still order on black Friday and put the activation date months into the future.
Edited by: "brendanhickey" 8th Aug
Thanks
Depends on the terms and conditions and if they allow RPI increases.

Just changed my SIMO offer whilst still in contract (only 3 months in to a 12 month contract) to a better SIMO offer with free Netflix due to o2 call prices being raised lol!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants