BT retention deals

Posted 27th Apr
Hi,
I am currently very close to the end of my broadband contract with BT, paying £29.99 a month for fibre 1 with weekend calls. I need to make 0870 calls so BT, post Office and Plusnet are the only options I got.

What are the latest retention deals people have managed to grab in the past few months as I'd like to stay with them if possible?

is it true if you put an order through a different supplier first and then call in, you get the best offers?

if there are better deals online, would also be appreciated if you could let me know.

thanks
Community Updates

Groups

26 Comments
Compare the new customer deals as well, if you are able to sign up using someone else in the household.
Moved to PN last year from BT savings are huge. On their fastest BB package pay 8.51pm thanks to Black Friday deal and line rental upfront, WiFi speeds are not as good as BT so recently purchased tp link plugs which made a small difference, tiny price to pay once savings are considered. I use my mb to make calls, use saynoto0870.com and save, admittedly it can be a faff but has proven fine for me me, used it for years.
Edited by: "IndyS" 27th Apr
I was coming to end of my contract other month, looked on my account was offered £32.49. Went on live chat asked them to match a talktalk deal £21.99 and without much negotiating they did but i am now on payg phone package with a flat rate of 20p a minute( I don’t use it anyway) i think the free weekend calls has been abolished for new contracts..could be wrong
Not the cheapest but has been rock solid glad i left virgin
Edited by: "leejay" 27th Apr
IndyS27/04/2020 12:15

Moved to PN last year from BT savings are huge. On their fastest BB …Moved to PN last year from BT savings are huge. On their fastest BB package pay 8.51pm thanks to Black Friday deal and line rental upfront, WiFi speeds are not as good as BT so recently purchased tp link plugs which made a small difference, tiny price to pay once savings are considered. I use my mb to make calls, use https://www.saynoto0870.com and save, admittedly it can be a faff but has proven fine for me me, used it for years.

I use it to call international numbers for free so that won't be an option, but thanks for the suggestion!
bozo00727/04/2020 11:40

Compare the new customer deals as well, if you are able to sign up using …Compare the new customer deals as well, if you are able to sign up using someone else in the household.

good idea, should I mention that to them when haggling?
Which 0870 numbers are essential to you? I'm pretty sure there is an alternative non rip-off number for most.
I use call fowarding numbers to make international calls
Use
WeQ4U app for these premium numbers
I’m in same package
Contract up in June
abdul527/04/2020 13:07

I’m in same package Contract up in June

I think we both got the same deal posted here about 15 months ago
I got cashback of £110 and £120 MasterCard then......
yh haha good times
abdul527/04/2020 13:07

I’m in same package Contract up in June

My contract is up in June as well, who did you end up going with?
WorKev12/05/2020 13:20

My contract is up in June as well, who did you end up going with?

I haven’t looked as of yet been a bit busy
Your message gave me the reminder to do just that
Think I’ll start looking
Not sure as of yet
Thinking talk talk or Vodafone maybe
abdul512/05/2020 15:14

I haven’t looked as of yet been a bit busy Your message gave me the r …I haven’t looked as of yet been a bit busy Your message gave me the reminder to do just that Think I’ll start looking Not sure as of yet Thinking talk talk or Vodafone maybe

I was thinking this deal looked good
40728822-1YPjk.jpg
Isn’t this 21.95 via uswitch
But they have lower guaranteed speed of 44mb
I’ve also looked at Vodafone superfast 2 but a 2 year contract with amzon voucher (think it was on here ) Vodafone have 55mb guaranteed speed
abdul512/05/2020 22:55

Isn’t this 21.95 via uswitch But they have lower guaranteed speed of 44mb I …Isn’t this 21.95 via uswitch But they have lower guaranteed speed of 44mb I’ve also looked at Vodafone superfast 2 but a 2 year contract with amzon voucher (think it was on here ) Vodafone have 55mb guaranteed speed

@WorKev ^
abdul512/05/2020 22:55

Isn’t this 21.95 via uswitch But they have lower guaranteed speed of 44mb I …Isn’t this 21.95 via uswitch But they have lower guaranteed speed of 44mb I’ve also looked at Vodafone superfast 2 but a 2 year contract with amzon voucher (think it was on here ) Vodafone have 55mb guaranteed speed

Ah is it, I haven’t looked at everything yet.
So many different opinions on who to go with.
WorKev12/05/2020 22:57

Ah is it, I haven’t looked at everything yet.So many different opinions on …Ah is it, I haven’t looked at everything yet.So many different opinions on who to go with.

I think I will do my research and contact BT see what they can do
If nothing good comes of it will move elsewhere
Tbh BT have been good for me last 18 months
would like a around £20 mark
Cashback vouchers would be a bonus
abdul512/05/2020 23:51

I think I will do my research and contact BT see what they can do If …I think I will do my research and contact BT see what they can do If nothing good comes of it will move elsewhere Tbh BT have been good for me last 18 months would like a around £20 mark Cashback vouchers would be a bonus

I’m the same not had many issues with BT would be happy to stay if I can get a deal, I don’t think I will be able to get one around £20 would go for £25ish
WorKev12/05/2020 23:52

I’m the same not had many issues with BT would be happy to stay if I can g …I’m the same not had many issues with BT would be happy to stay if I can get a deal, I don’t think I will be able to get one around £20 would go for £25ish

It’s the 24months contract that is a killer
prefer 12 months 18 max
My contract has come to an end today, currently paying £39.99 for Fibre 100. I give Retentions a call but can’t get a better deal.

If I go through a cancellation, can I cancel the cancellation notice within the 30 days? I’ve only been with VM before so not sure how BT work. BT is my only option but would like a better deal to definitely include their discs.
Edited by: "jason871" 15th May
Yes you can as it's a notice so if you don't switch in 30 days it cancels automatically
Ahsadturbo15/05/2020 09:58

Yes you can as it's a notice so if you don't switch in 30 days it cancels …Yes you can as it's a notice so if you don't switch in 30 days it cancels automatically

Thanks
I just renewed with bt, £38 for Fibre1, hd tv, nowtv sky cinema, entertainment and 500 minutes calls to landlines or mobiles.

Edit.. I also got a new 4k/ultra hd youview box.
Edited by: "bluetba" 15th May
bluetba15/05/2020 23:34

I just renewed with bt, £38 for Fibre1, hd tv, nowtv sky cinema, …I just renewed with bt, £38 for Fibre1, hd tv, nowtv sky cinema, entertainment and 500 minutes calls to landlines or mobiles.Edit.. I also got a new 4k/ultra hd youview box.

Tell us more please. What package were you on before and how much were you paying etc and bargaining tips...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions